Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Free pair of Dana 60's?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by newyorkin, Apr 27, 2002.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Free pair of Dana 60\'s?

Hey y'all.

There's a road in my town that people throw old junk on all the time, and every now and then I cruise down to see what someone else's junk is (might be my treasure...). Recently I've picked up some Ebay fodder, a little junk I can/will use on my own truck, even saw a Chevy 350 there once.

Tonight there were a pair of 8-lug Axles with tires, dumped among a ton of what looks like old body shop junk. I took a couple quick pics, but according to the axle ID chart, I have here a pair of ancient D'60s.

<a target="_blank" href=http://ice.prohosting.com/rratch/other/dana60/dana60.html>Photos of them</a>

Are they worth hooking up my trailer and driving back over to get them at 1 in the morning? I doubt they'll be there tomorrow when I can get over and get them.

They have drum front's and closed knuckles, so these puppies are old...

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

Re: Free pair of Dana 60\'s?

<font color=blue>The rear might be worth something but the front isn't

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Hell yeah, go get them !!!! If you can't use them, you could always put them back where you found them.

4. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

I'd assume if they're dropped together they're from the same truck, which by the pic is a Ford (drivers side drop) That would lead me to belive, as was said earlier, you're looking at a 30 spline inner, 19 spline outter, 297 U-jointed D60 front. A D44 is probably stronger &amp; better with the exception of the ring &amp; pinion. Now coming from a truck like that, the rear is most likely a 16 spline D60 if it came from the same Ford. Kinda weak, but 30 spline axles will go straight in with a side gear change. So for the rear the housing might be good.

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Ahhhhh, I knew they didn't look quite right, just couldn't place exactly what it was... Screw it, My back is cooked from cutting up a tree all day, I'm not gonna go hurt it more dragging ford parts around...

Thanks for the info!!