Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FREE: Pure Breed Labs

Discussion in 'Free | Trade | Misc.' started by BurbLover, Jan 21, 2005.

1. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

GONE FREE: Pure Breed Labs

GONE: Dogs went to a family in the country with 5 acres and two kids. They have a 7 mo german sheppard that'l they are getting along great with. Looks like it'll be a great setup for them. Also tow younger kids to play with, and they need that. I even got visitation rights.

Seperation/Divorce forces me to get rid of my two babies. I have two pure breed labs that were born 2 May 2001. That means they are almost 4. Both of these dogs are female, have been spayed, and are housebroken. In fact, they tend to spend almost all there time inside. (One sleeps on my bed and the other at the foot of the bed on a doggie pillow.) Both dogs love to play and love kids/people as well. Since I work two jobs, they only get to see me about 3-5 hours on a good day. Most of that is spent with me working in my home office doing paperwork. It would be great if the same person could take both to keep them together, but I doubt that it possible.

Pepper is a slim black lab. Hershey is a stocky chocolate lab. Hershey is strong as an ox and has been a good guard dog. The only problem with her is due to her strenght, she can be a challenge on a leash for a child or woman.

BTW, if someone takes them and it does not work out, I would gladly take them back. I just want them to go to a good home!!

Please PM me if you are interested. It would be better for you to visit them first at my house to determine if you think it might work. Howevere, we can work out something.

Also wanted to add that they both love to go for rides. I have a 89 Burb that, whenever possible, I take them with me. They just jump in the 3rd seat and look out the window.

Located in Colorado Springs, CO

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I would love one , and have a dog to play with one , your just too far right now , and i couldn't make it up there :(

3. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

shipping to 30292?:p:

4. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

For $1000 with 1/2 paid upfront, I'll drive them there. Never been to Georgia.:grin:

I just want to see then go to a good home!!

5. muddog

muddog 1/2 ton status

MAn that sucks. I could never part with my dog. He is a 9 month old Chocolate lab. If my wife wasn't in Iraq I would take them in a heartbeat, but I am on the road too much and 1 dog fills up the rest of the truck and no one at home to take care of them. Maybe something will happen and you can keep them.

Picture 228.jpg

6. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I had 4 replies to adopt in Colorado w/ in 30 minutes. I'm confident they will go to a good home. Also looks like they can stay together. That'll make it easier for the dogs to adapt. They'll have each other.

And to be honest, since it looks like they're really gonna go, it's startin to break my heart. My wife (soon to be ex) always said I loved them dogs more than anyone else. I used to think she was kidding. Now I'm not so sure:(

7. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Well, both dogs went to the same place tonight. Gonna be wierd for awhile. I loved then girls. Been together since Jul 01. At least they went to a good home. Family has two kids & 5 acres about 25 miles North of Colorado Springs. I even got visiting rights:) . Just not sure if that'll be a good or bad thing:crazy: