Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Free To Air Satellite

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big jimmy 91, Dec 30, 2005.

1. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

This fta. system is great:bow:
    No more two local fuzzy channels for me:crazy:

I just got it hooked up yesterday spent the evening watching some real tv for a change:grin:

So , I just hooked up a Kusat Pro2600A and pointed the dish at echo 110 and bam , a crap load of channels

Anyone else run fta. and how do you like it?

BTW Due to legalities this may have to be taken to PM's(depends what side of the border you live on:rolleyes: )

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

more info

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Yah Direct went to a new "BLack Sunday" when the went totally P4's.... I've known people that had Dish network hacked but I'm not that lucky....

4. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

WTF are you guys talkin' about?

5. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

hu

x2 ?

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I believe the thievin' bastards are talking about "borrowing" satellite signals.....:whistle:

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Could never quite understand how catching a signal out of thin air is illeagal unless you're actually hooked up to something, you can steal cable but how do you steal radio, you don't...I'm curious as to how hes doing it now though???

8. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

It's almost like when I moved into my house a couple months ago, I didn't have cable/internet hooked up, so I went to the library to use the internet. Turns out, they have a sh!tload of CDs there! So, I looked through them and found a couple that I have always wanted to take a listen to and checked them out. I took them home and my computer "mysteriously" ripped them to the hard drive. Is that illegal? I say no more illegal than checking out a book or current periodical and photocopying a number of pages from them for my personal use and enjoyment to read later. Maybe this is off subject...

9. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

BTW, please explain more about the system.

10. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

me stupid,,, I always thought they scrambled their signals,,like with the premium channels????

11. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

Well I don't know a whole lot about it but there are a couple of businesses that deal in it up here.
    All I had to do was buy a free to air reciever (satellite reciever) have it updated with the most current programing ,some kind of auto roller they call it???
    Point the dish at the right satellite and there are about 200 plus channels that include ppv movies
    I got a cheap one that has no guide but I looked at some that were double plus $$ and they actually have a on screen guide
    So all I can really say is look around for a fta dealer where you live and go see them
    BTW I am not 100% sure of the laws but here in Canada it is totally legal to pick up US signals that are in the sky
    If it were against the law they could not sell them out in the open to the general public without getting caught.

12. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

it is aganst the law, but the us companyss have no way of chargeing you across the border, the only thing thay can do is re scramble the signal every once and a while, forceing you to pay some one with equiptment to burn you a new card.

and old co worker did it got canadain sat and US for free had his own burning equiptment

50 bucks every 3-4 months depends when they do it.

oh yeah they also like to do it right befor big events like the super bowl ect, that way the most people are watching and they can shut them down.

the scrambeled signal is free, but descrabaling it is ilegal, like hacking in to something and steeling info.

but that is all on you.

13. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

the fine line of of the law... Inside the US it is illegal to convert a signal to gain a restrictive signal. Canada looks at it different as it is in the air and if the signal can be convert, then it is legal.... That is why Direct keeps changing their card... They have used 4 cards over the years and everytime they change their system someone hacks the program for the scramble... That is what is illegal in the US..... I've read that a guy in Canada that has satelite internet, intennet Telephone & satelite for free and have been calling around the world for years at no charge.....

14. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i dont thnk it is people who hack the coad i think it is people in the company who let it out for cash.

the ex cowork who did all this had this plug he bought to hook up to the resever, there was no female end, it just lined up the soldered point on the bottom of the circut board, deffanatly in company