Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Free Video Editing Software?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by divorced, Mar 1, 2007.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

We recently bought a video camera and would like something that's easy-to-use to allow us to make/edit videos. We may record several different events on the same tape and need some way to break them up into smaller videos. Any suggestions?

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Windows XP movie maker, it's built in to XP. I use it now since I lost my other software after wiping the machine and losing install CD's ( :doah: ). I've gotten good results out of it.

Also, if you buy a DVD drive, you might be able to get real good software bundled with it for free. Not exactly free, but you'd be burning DVD's in the end.
    That's how I got whatever I was using before, and it was good. I just can't remember or find the CD.

I'd post the video I made with Windows Movie Maker of us telling the kids we were expecting, but it has my face in it...

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

What? No helmet? :haha:

I've made a few movies with the Windows Movie Maker, but was looking for something easier/faster to use to cut just certain small clips out and put them into one movie. And mine makes a crazy buzzing noise at the beginning of each movie. Does the Windows Movie Maker allow you to add music or text?

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I know you can do text, but I'm not sure on the audio. I'm thinking I remember being frustrated that I couldn't adjust the levels, which indicates I had added audio, but that might have been in my old software that I lost. I'm not near WMM right now to check, either.