Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Free

Discussion in 'Free | Trade | Misc.' started by olskool, Feb 1, 2006.

1. olskool

olskool 1/2 ton status

Free 1977 swb 1/2ton. Really the only thing left on it are the axles 44/12bolt w/ gov lock, 56" rear springs, 31" mud country tires, maybe a couple of other parts. If anyone shows intrest I will take pictures. No motor, tranny or transfer case. It's very rusty. But I have a title so you could scrap it when you are done with it.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2006
  2. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

actually, i'm kind of interested. what's the interior lookin like? lets see those pics. :D

3. olskool

olskool 1/2 ton status

I've have a little to much Sailor Jerry in me to take pics tonight, if you know what I mean. What interior? There is no interior. There is rust, a steering shaft, steering pump, steering gear box, seat belts, sliding rear window, d44, 12bolt w/ gov locker and 31" tires. O' did I mention rust?? If you want pics, when I wake up I'll post pics.

4. colbystephens

what kind of tailgate does it have - manual? i'm assuming that fits the rusty category tho?

5. olskool

olskool 1/2 ton status

The tailgate is accually the best body panel on the truck. It does have some rust though. This truck has been on the oregon coast for 29 years, so you can imagine what the weather has done to it. As far as it being a manual, yes it was but the sm465/205 are now in my k5. If you want my original th350/203 I'll let it go for a 12 pack of pbr.

6. colbystephens

no, i meant is the tailgate a manual? i saw in your original post that most of the drivetrain is gone. :)

7. olskool

olskool 1/2 ton status

This may sound like a newbie, but what is a manual tailgate?

8. colbystephens

manual window vs. power window

9. olskool

olskool 1/2 ton status

sorry for not making this clear, this is a truck, not a blazer or a jimmy.

10. olskool

olskool 1/2 ton status

"Free 1977 swb 1/2ton" mabye i did make it clear in the first post. But then again, it's pretty late, and the rum is kicking in.

11. colbystephens

oh yeah - sorry. i knew it was a truck, but then i just started thinking blazer.

12. jaros44

jaros44 1/2 ton status

Pbr

I'd give you a case of Pabst for the 203 if you lived closer, I'd even help you drink as part of the deal, sorry I'm on the east coast. Later J.

13. olskool

olskool 1/2 ton status

Free truck w/ flat top knuckles

I have a guy who owns a scrap yard that is going to crush it on the 22nd unless anyone steps up an takes it. It is a '77 w/ flat top dana 44 knuckles. Come get it if you want it.

14. BizeeB65

BizeeB65 1/2 ton status

Does this thing have stock wheels on it? I might be interested in those if ya wanna part em. Thanks

15. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

IF you feel like parting it, want to shoot me a price for the flat tops to 48234 detroit MI?

if you want to do a strate trade ill mail you canadian beer for if you mail me the flat tops LOL

16. olskool

olskool 1/2 ton status

As far as the wheels go I do have them and you can come pick them up, they are free. Or if you pay for shipping i'll send them. The guy who is taking the truck will only take it if after he gets it loaded on his trailer, I take the wheels and tires off. As for the flat top knuckles. He will only take the truck if he can roll it onto the trailer. So I can't really take them off. This truck has been passed around from person to person and everyone that has had it just took off a couple parts that they needed (I took off a little more than I needed). I would really like to see this truck go to someone for free parts, and then pass it along, but I can't wait for ever. The junkyard man is coming to pick it up on the 22nd unless someone else comes and gets it first.

17. BizeeB65

BizeeB65 1/2 ton status

Can you snap a photo a wheel, and give me your zip to calculate shipping. Thanks

18. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

he can roll it on the trailer, pull the wheels drop it on blocks and pull the knuckels.

It is how I scrap trucks, roll on yank what i want what is left drives off in to the sunset.

19. olskool

olskool 1/2 ton status

I'll get pics of the wheels on friday when I get a day off. I work from daybreak to nightfall. As for taking the Knuckles off, I'll see if he will wait around while I take them off. No promises though. I'll get back to you on that.
    I'll take pics of every inch of the truck and if there is anything ya'll want let me know, and if you pay for shipping I will pull it off.

20. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

hey it is all i could ask thanks let me know, pm is good. i might forget to check the thread