Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

freebie 72 is it worth buildin(pics)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudbogger, Mar 3, 2007.

1. 85mudbogger

85mudbogger 1/2 ton status

well its a little rusty:haha: the hood hinges are in workin order but the bolts on the hood are pulled thru, interior trashed, which i dont care if it is or not becuase it would be brown from all the mud:haha: my question is, is it worth even messin with and makin 4 wheel, the body seems solid except cab corners and rockers, nothin a little filler cant fix, reason it sat for 13 yrs is cuz the gas tank rotted so it got parked but it still ran and moved lol, you think it might still run, the motor still spins hahahahahahahahaahah, i guess i can try lmao
    100_0804.jpg

100_0803.jpg

100_0802.jpg

100_0800.jpg

100_0806.jpg

100_0804.jpg

100_0803.jpg

100_0802.jpg

100_0800.jpg

100_0806.jpg

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  2. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

id rebuild it into a show truck or something.. wish i could get a freebie like that

3. 85mudbogger

well me and my dad already have a 68 for that, its for show and drag, so this one would be wheeled and wheeled hard if i decide to do it, im gonna have to drag it out when the ground gets a little harder and jack it up and check the mounts and see if it is worth anything to save, i know the hood is shot but i can just run pins to hold it on lmao, makes it easier to remove and work under there,

4. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

The key word here is FREE you can always sell it on eBay for $500 in the parts cars section see them all the time. :haha: heck the factory air is worth at least $100 in parts.
    DO it you know you want to!

5. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

6. 85mudbogger

ohhhh yeah metro im takin it, its even got the good title lol, my truck is an 85 and emiiiisiiiooonssss suck, thats why im wantin something old so i dont have to haul it all the time lmao, this 72 would be perfect

as for another question my dad took his 2wd and same frame made it 4wd, i was thinkin of usin a 78 frame but arent they diff lengths, how much longer is the wheelbase and i would prolly just line the rear wheelwell up and let the front tire extend out but how far would it be past, would it look stupid if i did that. has anyone done it, i seen one and i got a vid of it but he didnt have the rear or front anywhere close to center and looks all ****ed up, ill see if i can get the vid up, might take awhile(dial up) any tips on how to shorten the frame to get it all centered instead

7. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Here is something you might like for it.

67-72 Chevy GMC Truck Blazer Suburban Dash Pad Black

Item number: 280089428986[​IMG][​IMG] Seller:[​IMG][​IMG]mustang_trader[​IMG]( 1132[​IMG]) [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    End time: Mar-07-07 20:08:50 PST (4 days 4 hours)

$10.49 price right now

This is a no reserve auction for a new polyurethane reproduction Black dash pad that fits 67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks Blazers and Suburbans. This is a complete dash pad and not a cover. Enter your zip code below to calculate your shipping. Please be sure this part fits your application or e-mail me with any questions before bidding. It may have other applications. I will ship within 1 business day of receiving payment. Shipping is actual cost from 89130 zip and paid by the buyer. Shipping dimensions are 61 x 5 x 5 at 8 lbs. Insurance is included up to $100 and the buyer pays for insurance on amount over $100. I accept PayPal, cashier's check or money order only. Payment must be received within 10 business days. 100% satisfaction guaranteed or return for a full refund of the part only. Buyer must pay for all shipping to and from and return the part within 14 days. UPS is used for all shipping and I ship within the United States only.

8. jtrux

jtrux 1/2 ton status

I know i'm gonna get harrassed for not being a memeber but are we talking about a blazer here or truck. I've got a 71 K5 and love it, it's definitely worth keeping.

9. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

jtrux, It's a longbed.

Definitely worth the price. They look gooooood low and shiney. Or big and muddy.:wink1:

10. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

Hey jtrux here I will post them up so you can see them. They are posted in the same order that 85mudbogger posted them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

man, its got all 4 stock hubcaps and trim,plus dare i say it....air cab!

12. gaspass

gaspass 1/2 ton status

thumbs up

Yea, I'd say it's worth .... FREE!

13. 85mudbogger

im dyin to see if this thing isnt so rusted out underneath, i hope it can be saved, i like this body style better than the 73-87 trucks because they are narrower so the mud will FLY:haha:

14. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

I think you would be much better off selling the first gen truck than rebuilding it. You should be able to get some funds out of it to put your 85 in better shape. You have enough parts left on it that somebody will want them.

15. 85mudbogger

the 85 aint goin nowhere lol, im wantin to build a mud truck for the woman because she wants to drive all the time because i get to crazy and she gets scared, so if i did it it would be runin 33s with like 4" lift
    85 already has all the parts for upgrading, just need some 8 lug hubs, other than that im gonna run the 10bolts till they blow and a twin stick for the 205 sittin at the house(might make my own)

16. jtrux

jtrux 1/2 ton status

Thanks alot, I appreciate it.

17. 85mudbogger

what did you do to post the pics so everyone can see them i didnt know non members couldnt see them??