Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

freeking nissan........please help!!!

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by hoppy, Feb 6, 2003.

1. hoppy

hoppy Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif damn......just when i think im doing my truck some good this happens:

went to napa got new plugs/wires/dist cap/ rotor.
    ive got the old 8 plug 4cyl z24 2.4l engine. 2wd pickup.
    changing plugs on this sucks and left my hands blooded. but managed to get the job done. i forgot to mention that the idiot at napa gave me a mini dist cap instead of a rotor so i had to install the rotor today. the truck ran decent all yesterday and this morning(i have to remeber its an 87) after putting the new rotor in the truck would hardly even idle.....real rough. i guy at work took a look and he noticed that i was missing my lower bolt on the housing near the engine and the top one was very loose. basically you could turn the distributor easily in the allowable slots.this was bad and the reason why i had a small oil leak. we tried lining it back up and getting the truck to run smoother but just couldnt get it right. i added another bolt to bottom and fixed top one. did i screw the timing up? what did i do wrong? would this explain rough starting sometimes? i have to crank it acouple times somedays to get it to fire. please help im lost!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I've owned two trucks like that but the 4x4 version. Sounds like its a good time to check the timing. Did you get the right plugs? If I remember right, each side of the head takes a different plug or something. Its been a few years. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. hoppy

hoppy Registered Member

all the plugs that came out were the same and they matched what i put in. i believe i messed the timing up. its going in to the shop this week. i noticed another post about a guy with a toyota that had the same problem.(lost bolts on distributor) he got the timing re-set and he said it ran alot better. ill let you know the deal.thanks