Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Freezing temps in AZ??

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by RockinChevy, Jan 15, 2007.

1. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

It's been a cold weekend with the rains coming in... I was working on my Blazer half of Saturday afternoon, my fingers were numb from working with metal (even with my gloves on) so I called it quits for the day.
    Woke up to sunny skies yesterday and went back out to work on the Blazer again.. felt cold but getting warmer..
    Anyways, I haven't been watching the news or reading the papers so I came to work to check up on weather.. Front page says weekend lows were around 20s and this morning was at 18 degrees in the AJ area.. I sorta find that hard to believe, it felt more like 28. Anyways just glad we got the same cold temps most of the country is having. Just too bad the storms passed before we could even get traces of snow again.

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Dude, tell me about it. I've been bustin ars at work- calls anywhere from 10pm-4am about busted this pipe and busted that pipe at work. Spent all day out in the cold fixin stuff as well. Lows have been anywhere from 8-12. Hell I don't think the hi today got above 30.

Funny thing is 99% of the plumbing is heat traced/ insulated. The 1% left breaks :doah:

3. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

I was in Gilbert this weekend and it was but ass cold! got down to 32 deg.

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

21 up here where i am at in north Phoenix area, the ol' Burb was cranking over alittle slow this morning, with that 20/50wt oil in it:doah:

5. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah sure was... I just didn't realize it was THAT cold. I had to get started on my spring swaps soon so I figured, cold or not, now is the time. I took out the rear 52" springs and got my 56" stock springs in. I was kinda in a hurry due uncooperating weather and losing daylight. I have the ORD 4" shackle flip put in weeks ago in the 52 position and installed the ORD 6" HD shackles. After putting in the 56" springs, my shackle angle didn't look the way I anticipated in my mind. My shackles are flat, almost in line with the springs. So that didn't go over well from rushing around in the cold.
    I'm gonna take some time off work Friday and Saturday to redo my setup. I'll just drop the tank and flip my brackets over to opposite sides then call it done.
    I still have to prep and paint the 52s then grind off rivets and drill larger holes to make way for my frame shackle hanger and B52s from DIY. Then install the 52" springs and call my entire suspension issues done and finally move on to another project. I can handle 30 degrees but anything less, I'll be needing the emo stick.....Hopefully the weather cooperates a bit.

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

You guys are a bunch of pussies..........:deal:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

As I write this, it's 14' Farenheit, and that feels kinda nice after 5 days of 0' to -10' Farenheit. :thumb:

7. MaxPF

MaxPF 1/2 ton status

It was 21F when I left for work yesterday (6AM), and 26F this morning. I finally got the motor stuffed in my Blazer, but I have been working 12hr days, and when I get off work at 6PM it is too darn cold to work on it anymore. I still need to do... everything :doah: The motor mount bolts aren't even tightened up yet...

I miss driving my truck...