Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

freight companies

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thezentree, Oct 8, 2003.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

any of yall know of a trucking company that would ship a dana 60 from wisconsin to north carolina for less than say, $300? the guy i bought it from got a quote from a freight line (i forget which one) for $3/lb. and bein that a dana 60 front is around 525lbs..../forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

my friend's dad's company got 3 gang boxes full of heavy equipment shipped from NC to ontario for less than $1000. oh, and that was there AND back - in a week/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I got four 36" tires and wheels shipped through Old Dominion for $150. You might try them.

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Sure find a reasonable trucking company and find they dont cover the NW...
    Map
    They even cover Western US and Canada but not Oregon or Washington State /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

This may be a long shot but are there any granite quarries in wisconsin? I know when we get granite shipped to us (for making headstones) we can get 5k lbs from georgia to pa for $300-$400. You may be able to call and get them to ship your axle as long as it is clean and wrapped because grease/oil stains granite.

Check your local monument company as they usually have a listing of several quarries over the US. I know a lot of colored granite comes from the midwest.

5. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

Did you try FedEx ground? They use to be called American Freightways. You might try some big truck company with flat beds (Werner Enterprises, JB Hunt, etc.) They may ship it cheap, if they have a partial load.

6. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

try forward air.I used them a few times with good results

7. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I've used American Freightways/fed ex ground alot in the past. Got the best prices from them. If you work at a shop or business, tell them. You get a better price.

8. thezentree

i will definately look into FedEx/ AF. i could even ship it to my friend's dad's business /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
    thanks yall

9. bigpappab2

bigpappab2 Registered Member

I'm getting a sweet deal. Having a D60 and 14B FF, 4x4 iron rear bumper and tube bumper shipped from Oklahoma to Baltimore, MD for $260. That's going through SAIA

10. thezentree

daaamn, i think i will definately look into SAIA
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

Hey, one other place to check: Call some moving van companies in your area and ask if they are moving anyone from WI to NC. I had a car hauled from CA to WI for $300.00 because the moving van was only 1/2 full, and they were coming back with only that much in the truck!