Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Freightliner callback UPDATED

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by T-ROY, Aug 1, 2004.

1. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

For those of you who know me and my family, you know how much we have been struggling for the last couple years. I finally got my callback letter yesterday, so I will finally be going back to work at Freightliner. I'm very excited. I have to report this week to figure out where I'll be going. I'm going to try to keep my day job for a while (6months or so), so I'll be working 10:00 to 2:30 at BSI and 4:00 to 12:30 at Freigtliner. It should be a 60 hour week plus whatever overtime I can get at Freightliner. I should burn out, but I'll try to make it for 6 monthes. Wish me luck...
    T-roy
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Update: I went in yesterday and took care of the pee test, no worries, and got my assignment. I'm going to Finish Cab, which isn't my first hope, but its not bad. I start on Monday 16Aug at 6:30 am. I will be be on days for a week and then get bumped to swing. I haven't confirmed with my current boss yet, since he's on vacation, but I'm really hoping that he'll let me stay on part time. I might even go up to the counter. Thanks for the support. I'm really excited.
    T-roy

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Re: Freightliner callback

Congrats on the callback Troy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Thats awesome /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Finally stuff is looking up for some of us /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Congrats bud. Plenty of positive signs in PDX. I got laid off in April, started a job in late May, then got the job I really wanted starting next week. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I'm just being nosey, what do you do for freightliner? I drive freighliners /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Hell Yeah! I'm really happy for you man! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif Kim must be ectstatic too! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    then got the job I really wanted starting next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the gig here in the 'coove? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif Shoot me an e-mail and tell me about it. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

No worries, dude. I have been in several places in the plant. I worked assembling cab floors, cab roofs, etc for a couple years and then went to the electrical shop for three years. The last year I was there, I installed interior components. I really liked the diversity in the plant. I get bored doing the same job every day, so I learned lots of jobs and got farmed out all over the place.

9. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

Oh, I wasn't worried, I just didn't know if it was a plant or dealership you worked at. I've often wondered what it would be like to work in a truck manufacturing plant, I bet it's a cool job. It's good to hear that you've been called back /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

RIGHT [darn] ON!

Thats awesome T! grats!

11. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Good things T-Roy. I am glad to hear that things are looking up for you. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

That's great news dude. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif