Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

French language should go to hell...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Jun 9, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

AH! I have to rant. My french teacher is a [darn] and doesn't teach french worth sh!t so I will probaly fail it and make myself look like a total idiot. On top of that I will really dissapoint my mom. And now, I have a 100 mark project due sometime this week or next week and don't have a clue if I am doing it right. I just finished writing a 305 (yes I counted) work paragraph/essay thing. I just remembered that she used to be a english teach too, and I don't have a single paragraph (who would have thought the french have paragraphs too /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif) so there goes more marks. Hopefully I do well on it, because I also have to do an oral presentation with it, and I can't pronouce most of the words "properly". Grrrrrrrrrrrr /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif There goes another [darn] bunch of marks /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

At least when I am done this course (5 days /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif) I won't have to do it again. I would have cheater for the essay and went on a translation sight, but I'm not that kind of person /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I'm done with my rant. Have a good evening /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

when i did it in grade 9 (the only year you have to) i just stopped doing all the work, compleatly i would just read a book. they tested me because they thought i was dumb no i am just a smart ass, i blew the test away.
    When the resorse teacher asked me what i wanted form this course i said 51%
    she says oh just a pass?
    no: 50% a pass i want 51%
    oh your just a smart ass
    all i did was show up and did the exam no way i really passed and i got 51% /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    I guess she knew i could pass if i gave a [darn] /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I'm not trying to knock you, but did you think taking French was going to be easy?
    Study some more and LISTEN to how french is pronounced. Just as my 4 year old daughter learned English by listening to me and mimicking me, you have to learn pronounciation the same way.

After I got out of school, I had no one to speak French to. You know how instructions for items you buy come in several languages? Occasionally, I would read it in French. I have pretty much entirely lost it all in the intevening 10 years.

What can I say, except adios. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

No I knew french was going to be hard. I went into it because I wanted to learn a new language, but instead of being a fun learning experience it's been a nightmare. That's just for me, some thing come easy for some people, some things don't. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

la souris est sous la table

le chat est dans la chaise

le singe est sur....

le singe a pour disparaître

Qua ?

le processus de faire la colle

Horseshoes?

If anyone recognizes this, PLEASE let me know

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

The mouse is under the table

The cat is on the chair

The monkey is on....

The monkey has to disappear

Qua...??????

The process to do the glue

How's that?

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

is that a song? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Im going back to eating freedom fries.

9. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

My son took 2 years of German and loved it until his 3rd year......the teacher was a joke and he's not taking it again. Unfortunately there are bad teachers out there, just plow through it and do the best you can to try and finish strong! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

That sounds like me, I found a bad teacher and she's making my learning hard /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
    I am feeling better today though, I got a friend to help me a bit /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

11. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

i was exemt from foreign languages...just one more perk of being retarded i guess /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

12. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Im going back to eating freedom fries.

[/ QUOTE ]amen! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif I believe the answer is also the name of a favorite song, "Speak english or die" by, Stormtroopers Of Death.

13. Resurrection_Joe

I REALLY wish English was the ONLY language in America that was widely used

I realllllllly HATE HATE HATE spanish

14. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I think that language and MONEY CURRENCY should be the same all around the world!

15. unclematty

You and me both, If you don't speak it around here you can't get anything done it seems! kinda sucks. don't get me started on the immagration thread! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

16. unclematty

sounds like it's time for the 50 foot tall concrete fence to keep some out and to keep some in. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

17. Resurrection_Joe

[ QUOTE ]
    I think that language and MONEY CURRENCY should be the same all around the world!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nahhhhh, just in a country, at least......

Couldn'' play the money market either

18. Resurrection_Joe

If we didn;t have a lot of poor migrant workers we wouldn't have a McDonalds on every corner and a bit less crime, which is allllllll right with me

19. unclematty

you can't go to a fast food place anymore unless you can speak spanish I went in with my wife and kids to the carls jr. last week and the girl behind the register couldn't talk to us, "no habla englase" she kept saying , finally I said, "screw this we are going to Micky Dees". THIS IS MY COUNTRY, SPEAK MY LANGUAGE, OR GET THE FLOCK OUT!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

20. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Just read yur sig:
    [ QUOTE ]
    "When 84gmcjimmy gets it, it's pretty clear" - R_J --->05/23/04

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

About the French...Et toute le monde? Anybody know that moderately successful song?

Don't worry Steverino, it'll be fine. Buckle down and focus, ya can't ask more of yourself than that, right?