Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Frickin holley fuel pump is leaking.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cybrfire, Oct 25, 2003.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

anybody have a recommendation on inline fuel pump for carbeurated engine? Something that is designed to run all the time. Never buying a holley again. I've tried to fix this thing twice now.

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I agree, I'll never buy a holley again.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    anybody have a recommendation on inline fuel pump for carbeurated engine? Something that is designed to run all the time. Never buying a holley again. I've tried to fix this thing twice now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you try putting the mechanical fuel pump back on? Mech is the way to go man! By FAR the most dependable setup.

4. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

FYI, Edelbrock is no better. Mech fuel pump leaked out of the box. Ordered new seal kit and still leaked. Finally got bottom feed kit and finally stopped leaking. Then found out the pump was different model number than what was on the box, and was putting out twice the pressure than I needed. Caused severe flooding problems that kicked my butt. No more Edelbrock...

5. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I like the Mallery Mech. fuel pump on my truck, puts out 6-8 psi and is about 10 years old and still going, also is rebuildable. Price I think is in the $50 range, so not too bad. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you try putting the mechanical fuel pump back on? Mech is the way to go man! By FAR the most dependable setup.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kinda stuck on the electric pumps. Always liked how they worked till now. To be honest this is the first holley that has leaked on me and I bought it used. Turns out my cheapest option right now is to buy the holley rebuild kit. 10.00 bucks. After that who knows maybe I will go back to the mech.