Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Friday nights- night runs

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by FWP, May 27, 2002.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

Anybody interested in running at night? Say Fridays, maybe midnight to 6am? BLM land only for now, as the forest areas are generally closed.

2. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

I 'should' be tearing the truck apart somewhat soon, but until I do, I'd be in for runs up at Table Mesa since I'm gonna be living up there as of June 1st... still on the "every other weekend I can play" schedule though.

3. FWP

FWP CRS

What are you doing to the truck, that you're taking it apart?

4. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

Well... I could be like Russ & be all quiet... but I won't be /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I need to move the front axle forward a few inches to get the tires outta the cab, they rub way more than I'm comfortable with. That's where the adventure begins. If I move the axle I'm going to have to remove a crossmember so I have room for steering linkage, then the tires will be into the core support more than they already are, so then I'm going to have to change that too. I want to switch over to a crossflow radiator anyway, so I'm going to have to figure out a radiator & mounting setup. After all that, I'm going to have to figure out a way to put the rest of the front clip on it (I'll probably run with less than Russ for a while though.) Then there's the winch I've had sitting for over a year, not to mention the 460 that's been sitting & waiting for over a year... just lotsa stuff to do, & now that I'm finally going to have somewhere to do it, I want to get it done ASAP (Thx ript!) & speaking of that bastard, we're going to be building his whole rig this summer, & it's still a bare frame right now. Oh yea, I'm unemployed & have no $$$ to do any of this either... hahaha... this sucks

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Who me? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I'm not being quiet, your just the only one who has asked. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I'll probably run with less than Russ for a while though

<hr></blockquote>
    How is that possible? That means you'll have bare fender rails front to rear, right? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Oh, and if you think the rig was sparse the last time you saw it, you should see it now. It's got a windshield and firewall, plus about 3/4 of the floor. Hoods still on it just to protect the engine for now. Got a new small radiator so the core support is shrinking more too. Still have to hack the 5 feet (only small exaggeration) of overhanging frame off the rear and attach (including finishing) my new integral rear cross member/bumper.

But, other than stabilizing the firewall with the cab hacked away, all I really need to make it mobile under it’s own power again is a gas tank of some sort...

6. FWP

FWP CRS

Is there a competition to see who can remove the most sheetmetal that I don't know about??/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. BadDog

Hehe, you aint seen nothin' yet! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Check <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Phase-2>this</a> out!

8. Crusarius

Crusarius 1/2 ton status

hmmmm russ wins

well I got 3 rolls on the jeep now /forums/images/icons/smile.gif does that count for anything???

9. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

I stand corrected.... heh

it'd take alot to get me to cut my cab up though, so I'll probably never catch up to that

10. ript

ript Registered Member

NoRulz is livin with me now.. hehe.. we'll see how long he wants to keep his cab 'intact' with my subtle method of persuasion.. maybe i'll lay the torch and sawzall out.. make some chalk lines in interesting places on his cab.. and my burban body'll match Baddog's here pretty soon, i have a feeling, soon as i figure out my gearboxes.. lol

11. Erich_in_AZ

Erich_in_AZ 1/2 ton status

Clicky no worky. All I get is:

This album is empty.

Do you know if it moved? I'm rapidly converting to the cab-only style and would like to see someone with less metal than I have. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

12. BadDog

Yeah, I had to ditch the gallery. See the thread in the "Garage". Basically we can only have one gallary now, and no more than 10 pics. I've still got the pics in my main gallery at www.coloradok5.com/gallery/albuq36 Just look at the first 4 pics...

13. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Keith, I have you beat with 6 rolls /forums/images/icons/wink.gif The only thing on my rig is the firewall, whats left of the roof, and 1/4 panels.

Dan

14. Erich_in_AZ

Erich_in_AZ 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I actually just got done reading that in the gallery. turns out I have seen pics of your truck when the cab was whole. Gotta say, your getting a little nutty now...... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

15. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Jeez.... Nobody's ever accused me of being afraid to fire up the sawzall, ... but Russ - I think you've gone over the edge!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif ...uhh, err , maybe you just cut right thru it...

Sure you don't want me to just make another FunBuggy frame for ya??!?

Marv

16. BadDog

Hehe, cutting's not done yet, I just ran out of blades and broke my sheet metal cutting impact chisels. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Finished removing the top using a pair of air shears…

Now the back of the frame is gone, and I still have to cut the sides off the fire wall (as soon as I get something to brace it back up so it doesn't collapse) and the core support will be cut down both sides of the vertical supports. I may even replace the core support with a custom piece incorporating a protective roll bar soon.

[maniacal laughter] Now, where did I put those new blades? I think my wife hid them from me. Hey! What's that white jacket for? Do you have my blades? I've got to get more blades. Where are you taking me? Will they have more blades? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

17. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif!