Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

friend/coworker dodge avenger problem.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by vortec, Apr 3, 2007.

1. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

double check me here

a friend's 1997 avenger is running weak and when she hits the brake, it stumbles or dies. my first thought: vacuum leak, possibly at the manifold gasket, throttle body gasket, vac hoses, etc. i haven't seen the car while it's been acting up.

i told her to run through the gears and tell me what happens. stumbles/stalls in all gears, but park. when i had her press the brake while in park, it did stumble to. so, to me, it's obviously a vacuum issue.

she doesn't believe me, though. other thoughts?

2. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

possible bad booster

3. 1979chevystepside

1979chevystepside Registered Member

420a motor?

4. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

2.5L v6 engine code "N".

she says her dad used to be a mechanic or something, and has been screwing with the car for 2 days with no luck. he's convinced that changing the spark plugs/wires will fix it. i really doubt that.

but, her dad is the same genius that swears you can't run dual timing chains on a smallblock v8, even after his daughter showed him pics of my 350 before i installed the timing cover. he claims my engine must not be an sbc. :haha: :haha: :haha: is it that hard to say, "oops, i was wrong"? what a dufus!