Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Friend/Customer needs help with a SAS in Chicago area ASAP

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Stephen, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

This guy's working on a SAS on his '94 burb getting it ready to act as a chase truck for his K5 that's running class 3 in the BAJA 1000 next weekend. Too many things are not coming together so I'm asking for some help for him. There are some specific parts he needs that are going to be hard to come up with on the weekend, some are parts store items, some are a bit tougher. Some things he needs are mostly labor help.
    1: We had a set of F350 dual shock mounts ordered but they didn't show so now we need some way to mount shocks on the front. If all else fails, a set of F250 shock towers would work, or a set of the factory dual shock mounts from our straight axle trucks could do the trick too.
    2: He's having some problems with some corroded fuel lines around the fuel tank and needs to replace them. Some EFI hose from NAPA would do it but it needs to be done.
    3: We had a light bar ordered but it also didn't show, he really needs a way to get a couple of Hella's mounted on the front so we can see while chasing the race K5.
    4: He needs a set of 3/4T ubolt plates and round bottom ubolts to bolt the 14FF into the rear. The original axle was the 10 bolt.
    5: General help putting the SAS swap brackets on the front, I don't think it's started yet. Some fab skills and general working on truck skills would be very welcome. He also needs to ream the ford knuckles out to fit the new HD tie rod ends.

If any of you are in the area and are available to help out with this stuff, I'm sure he could keep you fed and we'd all appreciate it very much. And he'll gladly pay for the parts, just to get them now!
    Post up contact info here, I'll be checking in through the evening and day tomorrow and I'll put you in touch with him.

thanks for anything you can do.
    SW

2. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

i live in lombard and i'de gladly help him my cell # is in my profile /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Let me know how I can help, my cousin has a 4x4 shop and has alot of parts as well as plenty of machining equipment. I'm about 1 hour south of chicago in a town called Momence, near Kankakee.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    for his K5 that's running class 3 in the BAJA 1000 next weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    PICS /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If I was close I'd be all over it /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. Stephen

OK, just lost my reply. I'll start passing along info. Chris (the guy we're talking about) is in Arlington Heights. I don't know where that is in relation to anything else. The access to a 4wd shop on a weekend could be huge.
    Bubba, he sent me a link with pics of the K5 but I'm not at work now. I'll get you some of my own.
    Maybe from the inside...
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

KRAZIE87K5 and laketex are around the Arlington Heights area. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

i headed up there tonight and get we got the drivers isde ord flip in and at the transfer case in...im heading back up in the morning...i got to do some wrenching /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    KRAZIE87K5 and laketex are around the Arlington Heights area. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they could help. Just another allnighter for them..if everything goes well /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Ive got a set of F-250 shock towers. If you cant find anything else, let me know and I can ship them to him next day or what ever he needs.

11. Stephen

Thanks for coming to the call guys. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif