Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Friend killed a lady yesterday....

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by shane74, Jan 6, 2005.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

A friend from work was on his way home from work yesterday morning after pulling several 14-16 hour night shifts. It was his Friday. He fell asleep at the wheel, veared into the other lane around a corner, and killed a lady. He hit her head on. He drove lifted '79 Bronco on 35's. She was driving a Plymouth Voyager or something like that. She was killed instantly. He's in ICU and they're not sure if he's going to pull through. The lady leaves behind 3 kids and a husband. He has a girlfriend, no kids.

He's not going to be able to live with himself when he wakes up. He's a really good guy that something really bad just happened to.

F'n sad man..just sad....:frown1: :(

Be careful out there on the roads friends.

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thats messed up dood...:crazy:

3. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

man that is horrible:( . That is my bigest awarness when im driving is to make sure im not to tiered behind the wheel. I know that ive had at least one "extended blinks" Where you have your eyes closed for more than what youd intended.:blush: not good at all

4. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

whoa, that sucks. :frown1:

5. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that,I think we all know how scary it is to nod-off at the wheel,done it myself,take a break pull over and stretch your legs or grab a nap.:frown1:

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

:frown1: Bummer man..............

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

that sucks. :( when I was a PSU student i drove home many times at 3am after working all day in the school studio... nodded off more than once. Not a good situation at all. Its gonna suck for him knowing what he did, but hopefully he pulls through in the long term. Super sad that some guy none of us knows and his kids are gonna go on without mom around. :(

j

8. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I am so very sorry for your friend and the lady's family...they are all in my prayers.

That is my biggest worry with Jeff is he works such long strange hours that he maybe too tired one time and swerve with that tow truck and wrong place and time for someone and they would get hurt. I try to go on the middle of the night tows to talk to him and help keep him awake.