Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Friend's Blazer and wheeling today (PICS)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RampageFSJ, Mar 21, 2006.

1. RampageFSJ

RampageFSJ 1/2 ton status

My friend from this thread got his blazer, an 85 that is now known as "Outlaw" and we took it wheeling in the snow today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Future plans include a 14 bolt / 10 bolt swap with 3.73 gears, 2" AAL and 35" mud terrains on 16.5x9.75 rims with 4.5" of backspacing "finnessed" in there:hack: :weld: :grind: . How does that sound? He'll keep some streetable tires to swap on when he isn`t planning on having his fun. I`m sure he`ll chime in here sometime.:saweet: :k5: :woot:

Edit: linky no worky, so I`ll fix it later.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

all the work for crap a ride leafs. just 4" lift kit the sucker. be better in the end. and 35 will fit great.

even with the 14ff big drums those rims will pop on with only small front caliper grinding.

and last nice ride looks great.;)

3. RampageFSJ

The wheels fit over the 10 bolt front calipers allready (they're mine). It`s his DD, so he wants to be able to slip stock sized tires on when he wants to and save the 35 inchers for play time. That`s why we decided on a 2" aal lift. Also, a guy on here said that his aal kit works really good. Anyways, I`ve been measuring the crap out of the thing and I think we can fit the 35s on there with very little trimming at all.

Otherwise, thanks from both of us for the compliment.:D

Edit: He also doesn`t quite have the money to have the D shafts lengthened if he lifts it 4".

4. George_Pimpdaddy

George_Pimpdaddy 1/2 ton status

usually dont need the shaft to be lengthened on 4" but every truck is different.. any power mods on the list???

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

ya 4" is safe zone for lift. easy to do with minimal mods.

6. RampageFSJ

Glad you're trying to help, but that still doesn`t cover the fact that he'll run regular sized tires during regular driving. Just letting you know, not trying to be an a$$ with his ears covered.:o

PS: There aren`t many power mods on the list right now aside from a set of headers and a better flowing air filter. Maybe one of those filters that has a filtering, screw on top. Power seems real good right now.

7. RampageFSJ

Here`s a little rant. I need to slap my brother. He saw these pics and said (imagine a fat guy saying this in a stupidly irritating voice) " You didn`t do nuthin, I`ll take my CJ out there with you Thursday and try to let you follow me on my trails in 2WD! maybe I`ll even things up by taking my motorcycle. ":surepal: He didn`t seem to listen to the slight facts that 1. His trails ( line of ATV hills) are covered in snow and impossible to see. 2. My friend just got this thing yesterday and we weren`t going to be retarded like my brother. 3. My brother is retarded and beats the piss out of that poor little stock CJ on 33s. and 4. That was only 3 pics of the lesser crap that I could get out and take pics in, the fun stuff had to be left out. OK, rant over.:ignore:

8. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

I say go back and beat the piss out of the k5 and cj... its all good fun :wink1:
    thanks,
    James

9. RampageFSJ

Trust me when I say my brother does really stupid things. Like the time he had the CJ off of the trailer for no more than 30 seconds, within 50 feet of it, and while everybody there was warning him and watching, he managed to make the frame flex enough on the front to put the fan through the radiator and ruined both of our days of wheeling:mad: (AND HE WAS LAUGHING LIKE A LITTLE SCHOOL GIRL ABOUT IT). After 4 (I think) radiators, he finally decided on electric fans.

10. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Wow, Ulysses, there's a name I haven't heard for a while. I remember playing t-ball there when I was little. I was born in Meade, lived part of my life there, Kismet, Plains, Liberal, Hugoton. Still got family all over that area. Ok, highjack over.

At least you guys got some snow to play in. Down here, we're lucky to get a slight freeze for a couple hours a year.

11. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Add in one more for "don't do the AAL". It just raises your spring rate too much. You can do a homemade shackle flip in the rear for FREE. Flip your overloads, and you'll get some pretty good flex. The better your flex, the better you can keep the wheels on the ground and maintain your traction, until you decide it's time for lockers.