Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

friends/groups

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Dec 31, 2005.

?

In highschool, did you hang out with 1 group, or who many?

1. I only hung out with one group of good friends

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. I hung out with a bunch of different groups of friends

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. 50/50. I have good friends in all the groups.

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Another highschool question for all y'all.
    WHEN in highschool, did you have one group of friends you always hung out with. Or a bunch of friends in different groups you would hang out with at different times?

I sort of lean to a bunch of different people in different groups. I talk and associate with people someof my other friends wouldn't. I feel it's kind of effecting me now because they are all changing a bit and I don't know where to go. I do have a couple really good friends though, so thats different.

compete in the poll please

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

The only friends I have are invisible and I have to type to them...

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i have two distinct groups of friends. my best friends are in a group that most would classify as "pretty boys". always dressed nice, drove nice cars, you know the type. we always seem to hit it off, even though i never really fit into the group like the rest of them did. interests were always similar, so it was ok. they have since converted to pretty boys during the day, and wrenchaholics at night. i fit in pretty good there.
    there was a group of 4 of us in high school, who were inseperable. one of us decided that because of his girlfriend, he couldnt talk to us anymore. so we replaced him, with her brother. :D

i've got another group of friends who are more the Good Ol' Boy type. 4x4s, drinkin beer, and demolition derbies. naturally, i've always fit in there pretty good too.

neither side seems to like the other for some reason. :dunno:

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Different world for me back then . I had friends in different groups , but as for hanging out , didn't happen , all I did was skate , then got a job and a Chevelle :D

5. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

1 group. Very tight group of friends. I have talked with 4 of them in the last week. High school was back in the 80s. There were always people that I could hang out with, but only about 20 that were on the same wavelenght.

***EDIT*** I partied with everyone equally.

6. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

I had different friends in diff groups all the time. I never really hung out with them when they were in their groups because I ddin't know some of the others but once we were in class or alone, then it was cool to be with just them. I pretty much kept to myself other than that because I knew how a bunch of them partied real bad and that wasn't my scene, i.e. drugs real heavy and anytime at school.

7. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

i have one big awesome group of friends....we all are pretty diffrent but we all click together for somereason

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

High School was four years...that's a lotta time... I think the first two years I hung out with the "burnout" group, but it was more a classification than a group, since there were a lot of people you didn't know but were cool with because you knew they were "one of us". But I did have my core group of about 4 people, size of the core fluctuating. There was also "the girlfriend time" where I wasted a lot of time hanging out with a girlfriend instead of friends (the kinda thing you realize in retrospect :doah: )...
    The last two years of and immediate years after high school were the best, though, hung out with the core group of me and another guy from my school, and 2 guys from other schools. We did a lotta stuff... We did hang out with the preppy/yuppie groups at times...When we infiltrated their parties and drank their beer...:haha: :haha:
    We didn't have any problems with anyone really, we all had friends from various social cliques and didn't look at any clique as competitors or enemies or anything like that. I'm sure there were people we thought were dinks, but we typically ignored the classifications. High school idealism...

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

the oucasts...misfits..burnouts.. The "Clique"...

I was never very popular in high school..I went a year at a public school,that I hated--we had moved here during my freshman year,and I was never accepted into any of the "cliques" ..so I mostly slept in school,or skipped going entirely..ended up going to "summer school" in order to graduate to the 10th grade..then dropped back to a freshman when I went to another school the following year anyway..:mad: ..

I'd always been a good student as far as grades until we moved here..
    I think my parents realized the move wasn't the best thing for me,looking back now..the next year I was accepted at a Vocational school only 1/2 mile away..a brand new school,with many classes including auto repair,metal fab,etc..but the only class with openings was Distributive Ed,--the fine art of retail sales,and how to sucker people into buying things..stayed in one year,then transferred to Industrial Maintenece,which teaches a little about everything,and a lot of nothing..--I got at lot of ribbing about being in Distributive Ed..

I never really "fit in" with the guys there either..they were a tight knit group,and since I hadn't grown up with them,I wasn't really accepted,and was more or less picked on and bullied,and beaten during gym classes--(til I flipped out and nearly killed one guy who teased the S*** out of me for nearly a year!)..

Then I joined the ranks of the burnouts and outcasts..never dated any girls at school,I did go out with my friends sisters a few times...when I caved in to peer pressure,and started drinking and smoking herb,I had a LOT of "instant freinds",and if nothing else,at least I felt somewhat accepted,and like I actually had a few people I could hang around with..98% of the kids at that school were "burnouts"..

In fact,girls were not in plentiful supply around here then..and many of the few that were available were so fugly I would not even THINK about dating....:eek1: ..I had a long wait between dates with his sisters,they were rather good looking,and in high demand..and I wasn't high on their list of hot lovers unfortunately..many of the few good looking girls at school were goody two shoes types that hated any drugs or parties..most of them stayed in groups by themselves..not that I blame them fot not wanting to date a "partier"..but we were looked down upon like a scourge..others were shameless sluts,who'd sleep with you one night,then act like you were invisible the next day,as they clung to,and made out with another guy..

I kept to myself a lot..only had a few real close friends,both of which passed away 11 years ago from heart diseases..
    I found it hard to keep a lot of friends,it seemed everytime I'd start hanging with someone new,my other "friends" would say "oh,gawd..your not hanging with THAT guy??"...It was like I had to have their permisson and approval before I could hang around with anyone else..

Well,to make a longer story shorter,the ones who were treated like I was ,ended up being the best and most trusted friends I ever had..the other "friends" were just users who only wanted to keep me around when it was convenient for them..the rest of the time I was treated like used food ..and I haven't seen or heard from ONE of any of them since I graduated in 1977..the other 2 guys I remained friends with for 20+ years,and we were more like brothers than friends..I miss them a lot..

Treausure your friends,for you don't get that many good ones..and no one knows how long they will be here..age and health mean nothing...:crazy:

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I never was a big fan of high schoolers... I had like 6 or 7 people I found decent enough to hang out with me.

I'm still rather stuck up and picky about who I talk to, but these days I pretty much talk to whoever...

All in all, high school is lame and I haven't talked to a single person I knew in high school in the last 3 years... I've talked to and become friends with people I went to school with in that time though:doah:

11. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

Highschool was just as it sounds. I hung out with the diffrent groups all the time. We always had one thing in common though.. drugs and booze. I havent seen any of my old highschool friends in a long time. Im sure we would hit it off just fine, and all would be well. I was the only one that had the ambition to actually go to college though. Lot of good it did me... I have a college diploma in Advanced Networking, went through all the CCNP and MCSE stuff... What am I now? A friggin cable repair man...... :haha::haha:

12. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I wish I spent more time in high school keeping my grades up, rather than worrying about who my friends were or were not.

FWIW, I had a small group of friends, or I should call them drinking / drug buddies.

I still talk to only one person I went to school with.. I won't even go to a reunion. High school wasn't fun 'till I got my first job and my camaro just before my senior year.

It's amazing what a set of wheels and a new group of people ( esp. women) outside of school will do for a guys outlook.

Anyway, I was one of the outcasts.. The jocks hated me, even though my friends sold them the best drugs... I didn't mix with the smart kids, even though I could impress my instructors and do as good or better than the brainiacs in speech and english classes.. I think me blasting motorhead in the parking lot before school might've scared them, I dunno.

Having the camaro to wrench on, and my martial arts training was all that got me through those years. friends turned on me, women let me down, and I just drank more and more.

I wish I'd realized that the social hell that is school is only temporary, the people didn't matter, and that time would be better spent being proactive about my future rather than worrying about where I fit in, or why I wasn't fitting in.

Tom

13. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

i myself hung out with a bit of everyone , but i mostly hung out with all the other country/redneck guys all of us drove CK pickups /blazers and so on. all of us had parking spots on the back row at school it looked awsome with like 10-12 old chevy trucks parked out there. few years later i talked about 6 of those guys to join the marines with me , im bored when i go home to TN now cause i have no one to hang out with go mud n or ride 3or4 wheelers. sure was fun back then.