Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Friends, Romans.. send me your PWR window regulators

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tori89k5, Jul 1, 2001.

1. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Okay.... I have had it with these slow ass GM electric windows! Mine actually go up pretty well compared to the previous trucks and blazers i've had, but.... in comparison to the Fords and Dodges.... they suck! Even the best lubed, adjusted and whatever, dont compare.
    .....So here is where you all come in...... My plan is to take an extra regulator from someones truck, and convert it to a faster, stronger motor. Working at a dealership affords me the availability to find the perfect electric window motor for this job. But i dont want to butcher up mine till i know i can make it work. So....... i only need one at this point, at least until im into full production [​IMG] Maybe if i can pull this off.... i can do some sort of trade-in .... send me your old ones.... and i'll send you a "Tim Taylor' version
    ...... well thats my pipe dream as of now..... I'll keep you posted.

New '90 K5 sitting in my driveway !!! YIPPPIEE !!

2. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

Maybe you should get a second battery and connect it in series, just for your windows. LOL

If you really make this work, I might be your first customer.

'89 K5 Silverado..."You can’t have a real adventure, unless the outcome is truly uncertain".

3. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I have 2 working slow assed motors in my garage....I'll leave you a private message if you are serious.....I just need to be near the top of the line when/if you figger out a way to make 'em smoke.....the fastest windows I ever saw were in a Lincoln Towncar that I rented once....the windows in the Vette are pretty fast........wonder why the trucks are all hosed up??....JD

Stuck?...Hell no..I still got some gas left..

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I sent you a PM

Murphy's Laws on Life :
    "The longer you wait in line, the greater the liklihood that you are standing in the wrong line." [​IMG]

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

How much is this upgrade going to cost?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda</A>

6. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Okay....... BlazerGuy is hooking me up with the regulator it will need to do the re-design work . I dont have any idea what it will cost, or if its even possible. But i will let you all know when i know more. Later .... TORI

7. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Well...... i need your help still...... I still am in need of a window regulator assembly for my little conversion. The one that i thought i had available didnt pan out. So anyway.. if anyone out there has an extra that they could temporarily donate for the cause, id sure appreciate it. I will pay for the shipping on it, and in turn i will send it back to possibly converted to a faster motor. Thanks again.

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

$10?? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Murphy's Laws on Life:
    "A bird in the hand is worth three Kleenex."
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.K5.rockcrawler.com>http://www.K5.rockcrawler.com</A> *under construction*