Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Friggin caffeine headaches...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shane74, Dec 3, 2003.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

SUX!!! I am weaning myself off the major amounts of caffeine intake. I'm cutting back slowly and this still hurts like hell! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

My dad did that a while ago. They actually buy caffinated and decaf coffee now. He drinks like 1 or 2 pots of caffinated coffee in the morning, then its decaf the rest of the day. He told me that the decaf flavor has gotten better over the yrs, that he can almost not tell the difference. Worth a try /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I was drinking approx. 1 pot of coffee and 1 2 liter bottle of soda per day. I am now down to 1 cup of coffee and 1 20oz. bottle of soda. I hope to get to just 1 cup of coffee before the end of the year. We'll see.

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Keep at it, gets better.............pop the advil and wean gradually..........I'm down to 2 cups of coffee a day as my total caffeine intake.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i tried to quit caffeine cold turkey about two years ago and i could not stay awake at work and i was running a CNC overhead point to point machine, so i had to start caffeine intake again, it was crazy, i was drinking the stuff by the two liters every day and plus coffee, been doing it for years, we only buy two liters around here, nothing smaller, and we dont pour into cups, i take two liter with me wherever i go.
    ppl freak when they see you do that, but its normal to us around here. it aint that big, its just a two liter, big deal.

on a side note i quit smokking cold turkey the first time i tried, five years ago now, and i have to say that quitting caffeine is more involved..
    good luck

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Keep at it, gets better

[/ QUOTE ]
    I hope so. Right now I look and feel like my avitar! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    on a side note i quit smokking cold turkey the first time i tried, five years ago now, and i have to say that quitting caffeine is more involved

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree! When I quit chewing it was easier than this! I didn't have near the physical effects as I am having with this! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Caffeine is much more addictive then nicotine IMO. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Ok let the bashing begin /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    Switch to an organic coffee /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Yes I said organic. A good friend of Mine owns the local coffee shop and He informend me of all the crap that is sprayed on coffee beans that You get in sh!t like Foldgers and that kinda of crap. I used to get the headaches on that crap back when I used to drink it. Now I grind My own beans which means I'm getting much fresher coffee and I can adjust the taste depending on how fine of a grind I do. As of latley I'm down to two cups! Two 20 oz cups with a double shot of espresso in each /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I ususally buy the beans and grind them at home. I agree, I like the taste better. I don't go to a coffee store or anything like that. I buy them at the local grocery store, but out of the bulk dispenser. I am just trying to cut down my caffeine and soda intake is all. I am now down to 1 cup of coffee and 1 20 oz. soda. I hope to be down to 1 cup of coffee and no soda ('cept in my medicated beverages!) by the end of next week. It's getting better now. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I think the first few days of weaning are the worst. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Hmmm... I don't see what's hard about it... I cold turkey'd it last December and it wasn't a big deal... just suck down water like a camel, and juice and stuff... Now I drink soda maybe once or twice a week with friends, and then it's maybe one can or 20 oz bottle, or one or two glasses at a restaurant... I guess you could say I'm a social drinker

I used to go through a 12-pack in a couple days, a 20 oz bottle in a few minutes, and at least 10 refills at IHOP and Sharis...

11. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hmmm... I don't see what's hard about it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you see, I'm a woosy...but that's ok....I'm fine with it! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

sh!t....since i'm not working right now, my typical day consists of about 7 or 8 pots of coffee(12cup pots)and 1, maybe 2, 1 liters of pepsi /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    sh!t....since i'm not working right now, my typical day consists of about 7 or 8 pots of coffee(12cup pots)

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hell I thought that Your avatar was a pic of one of the Muppets But after hearing of Your caffine intake that must be You /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

14. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yep, that was 'tazz before he grew a beard /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    sh!t....since i'm not working right now, my typical day consists of about 7 or 8 pots of coffee(12cup pots)and 1, maybe 2, 1 liters of pepsi /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang man, how do you sleep !?!?!?!?!?!

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

17. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Dang man, how do you sleep !?!?!?!?!?!

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sleep is not a problem, the only drawback to drinking like i do without realizing it, I'm immune to caffine /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif