Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

From D60 SRW to DRW front hubs ?s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Puckett, May 15, 2006.

1. Puckett

Puckett Registered Member

I want to run my H1 8 bolt double beadlocks and 36" Military OZ tires on my 86 CUCV, so I think going to the DRW front hub will be the most economical way to get the crazy 7" backspace to work. Will I need to replace my brake rotors in front when I do this? Also not much is said about the rear axle, is there a dually hub for the rear (14BFF) that widens the trac, or do I have to go spacers?

The SRW huns are held onto the rotors by the wheel studs, which are larger than the bolts that hold the DRW hubs to the rotor. Most people are trying to go the opposite way as I am, from the DRW to the SRW, so its not something I have seen asked. I would imagine I will have to go w/ the DRW rotors though. I assume the calipers and pads will work with either the SRW and DRW rotor/hub setup as well, correct?

Also not much is said about the rear axle, is there a dually hub for the rear (14BFF) that widens the trac, or do I have to go spacers?

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

You are correct, the rotors with go from DRW to SRW but not SRW to DRW. The SRW stud holes are larger than the same holes on a DRW rotor so it will not self center on the DRW bolts.

For the rear you will have to go with either wheel spacers or a D70HD from a 73-87(91) Chevy dually pickup to make the track widths similar. The stud flange on DRW bearing hubs is inboard more (about 2"~2.5") than their SRW counterparts, using these will give the axle a narrower WMS.

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Wanna trade those SRW's for DRW's????

4. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

i will trade as well even will pay shipping both ways

5. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I dont know if it will help but heres a pic of my crew cab, was a dually, has a 70HD rear with the hummer 12 bolts...cant help but to pic whore a little bit, I just finished the lift and tires this weekend. Well almost finished...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

nice when are those tires gonna grow?