Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

From Drive by Wire to Cable, TPS wiring?

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by sled_dog, Apr 4, 2007.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Picking up the 5.3L tonight. Think the first thing I do besides unload it will be bring the wiring in my room and start playing with it when I have free time. Going to eliminate all the wires I don't need, like emissions items, rear O2 sensors, and then comes the drive by wire stuff. Does anyone know what I need to do to eliminate the drive by wire and wire up the TPS sensor for a cable operated setup? I plan to purchase the AllData Online section for the truck this engine came from to ease my wiring work, but would be helpful to have an idea of where I am headed with the TPS wiring.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Can't you just adapt the drive by wire to yours?

I thought that's how all the other swaps being done to our rigs handled it? RyanB, right?

I think he's about the only one that has experience with multiple swaps with these engines. I know on the Vortecs you had to be careful with stuff like the fuel tank pressure monitoring and what not, didn't seem like you could ditch much in the way of components.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

nvm, I just noticed in the picture and description it is a 02 with cable throttle body... The guy just must be smoking crack in his description. He even lowered the buy it now because he couldn't locate the "Drive By Wire" Pedal assembly, ha.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

hmm guy claims its some in between setup. Has a cable to the throttle body, but the actuation of the cable is done by a seperate box that is controlled by the PCM and used an APP. Strange.... Oh well, at least I have the cable throttle body to help that part of the conversion.