Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

from Headers to Exhaust Q

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by lifethroughdeath, Mar 26, 2003.

1. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

does any company manufacture a dual exhaust kit that will bolt up under a 90' K5Blazer 4x4 w/ 350/700R4, by kit i mean pipes already bent? maybe off a fullsize pickup or something? i already know im going with 2 flowmaster 40 series, with i think 2.25" pipe right? or 2.5" ? i believe i still need cats here in MA, and what is the best header out there, im upgrading my complete exhaust system and any input on which header would be great /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

JCWhitney has prebent exhaust systems. they state for off road use only, but i don't see why you couldn't just cut the pipes to put your cats in there.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I would have to vote for the Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers as being the best headers for trucks. Well, that's my opinion anyways.

4. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

I looked everywhere for a system just like that; only found a single 3". A local exhaust guy made a dual system for me for $150 though- about what I would have paid anyway. And you can choose where the tailpipes exit too.
    For the headers (I'm looking for those too)I haven't heard anything bad about the Thorley tri y's, aside from the hefty price /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif