Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

From The Wild and Wooly World of Law Enforcement

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Just gleaned some articles from officer.com.........................

[ QUOTE ]
    Courthouse Cafeteria In A Twist Over Doughnut Bandit

POSTED: 4:58 p.m. PST November 12, 2004
    UPDATED: 5:25 p.m. PST November 12, 2004

Story by theksbwchannel.com

SANTA CRUZ, Calif. -- A thief at the Santa Cruz Courthouse has everyone in a twist over doughnuts.

A local doughnut shop delivers more than three-dozen doughnuts to the courthouse every day. They are dropped off at 3:30 a.m. in an area between the courthouse and the county building, three hours before the cafe opens.

But, lately, the doughnuts have been disappearing. It's not the crime of the century, but it doesn't look good to have someone stealing donuts a few feet from dozens of sheriff's deputies. So, a search is on for the Santa Cruz doughnut bandit.

'I don't want to sugarcoat it. It's a twisted case, and there's a lot of holes in it," said Deputy Jim Thurber.

Cafeteria manager Chris Brown said the doughnuts may not be healthy, but apparently someone can't live without them.

"We have delivery here early in the morning before we get here, and somebody was snatching them," Brown said.

Now, the cafeteria is having the doughnuts left inside. Authorities said stealing doughnuts is a misdemeanor and could lead to fine of up to $1,000.

Brown said the doughnuts have been stolen in years past, but never so often and in such a short period of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

That's an absolute travesty and the death penalty would be appropriate in those circumstances.... I'm shocked and appalled....

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    That's an absolute travesty and the death penalty would be appropriate in those circumstances.... I'm shocked and appalled....

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't let Tim read that, he'll claim there's no evidence.......... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

whats the world coming to? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. Desert Rat

I guess if we find the guy behind the dumpster with an empty donut box and powdered sugar all over his lips, we have to let him go......... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    I guess if we find the guy behind the dumpster with an empty donut box and powdered sugar all over his lips, we have to let him go......... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No we don't. We just need to make sure we have the plant gun with us.........

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. Desert Rat

I think he would be a test dummy for the new X-26 Taser, over and over and over.........

8. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Time to call in Lt. Columbo to crack the case