Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front 10 bolt probs.. huge probs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85burbanator, Feb 20, 2003.

1. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

ok here is whats wrong. i did some very very light wheeling today, one smal hill climb and spun my tires in 4lo trying to get up a slippery slope. well every thing was fine until i get out of school and start driving home when all of a sudden there was a large poping noise. it hapened every time the tire rotated once. it stopped once i got past around 40mph and was terrible under 20 mph. it felt like my brakes were locking up and realeasing or something. im pissed cause im not going to drive it till i know whats wrong with it. also it could be my hubs since they are automatic locking. any help is greatly apprecieated.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

my friends 84 3/4 ton pickup does this when he is in 4wd. He has manual hubs and it started after he hit a ditch pretty hard going in someones driveway. I have followed him in the snow and I swear that every once and a while the tire actually does lock up. It looks that way anyway.

3. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

check to see if you snapped a front stub joint. last time i went bouncing up a hill i toasted mine along with the ears of the stub.

4. K5thatShmobs

K5thatShmobs 1/2 ton status

I would second checking your front spicer also... (stub joint). Thats the weakest link for sure... I hate 10 bolts.

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Did you unlock your autohubs? To unluck them you drive in reverse for about 10 feet or so.

6. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

bouncing up hills + 10 bolts equals

[​IMG]

7. outsider223

outsider223 1/2 ton status

This may sound stupid, but if you can't find anything, check your lug nuts and studs. I had this problem after some yahoo messed with my lug nuts and loosened them on me. I looked at everything else until my friend looked at the wheel and pointed out that I was missing 3 lug studs.

8. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Auto hubs are also pretty darn easy to take apart. I would open them up as well to see if you may have broken something inside. Be sure to let us know what you find out.