Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front 4 link question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazinzuk, Feb 23, 2007.

1. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Okay so I am at a crossroads with the suspension I am working on. Everything I have read kind of gives you the idea the upper arms need to be 70% of the lower arms. This would give me a good pinion angle throughout the travel and good caster etc. Heres the problem. I cant really find much about the front anitsquat antidive. If you just switch the ideas that I have read from front to rear, my upper arms need to be quite short. But that would not let me traingulate the upper arms at all and it would change pinion angle and caster quite a bit throughout the travel.

Basically so far my lower arms are 50" long and traingulated at 44* It would be easiest to make the upper arms traingulated at about 40* and 36" long

any ideas,

2. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

its 6 am here...

brain is not yet turned to the on position..

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

50" long lowers??? Sounds like you need to play with ExcelCAD some more and shorten those up a bit...

4-Link up front is tough. Steering and oilpan issues make it a lot more challenging than doing that design out back.

4. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Thats why the lowers are so long, front design is all about compromises and the such. Its not a blazer we are working on its a scout traveler so its really long like 125" wheel base I think. Since it was a scout with their forward facing pitman arm the panhard would have ended up way to short, so we took the next best aproach, double traingulated 4 link.