Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front 4" tuff country ez-rides, 6.2 diesel, heavy bumper and winch???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yunit, Sep 6, 2005.

1. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Just wondering if anyone is running a diesel or big block with 4" ez-rides, a heavy bumper and a winch...up front of course?

2. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

:thumb: Had a 1983 K30 crewcab that I swapped a 6.2 into. It previously had a 427 talldeck(heavy) was equipped with a heavy custom front bumper and had 4" softrides on all corners. When the lift was first installed it had a 4" steering block on the D60 to level the drag link. I bought it with 10-12K on the kit and removed the 4" block and installed a 2" dropped pitman arm and the drag link was slightly uphill to the gearbox. Figured the settled 1.5-2.0 inches.

The springs were basically flat. But dang did they ride nice :thumb:

3. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

I got a 350, with a MM 12000 in a KMA bumper. Steve at ORD sent me a small leaf to make the 4" EZ rides a HD spring. I don't think the thing has settled even a year later. I had to put a pro-comp 1.5" add a leaf and a zero rate to level the rear out with the front.
    I know it's not as heavy as a diesel, but if you want any measurments that might help let me know.

4. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I run the HD TC's on mine (6.2, Ramsey 9k, custom bumper). I previously had Skyjacker softrides on it (prior to the winch and front bumper) for about 6-7 years with no obvious sag. The TC HD's are factory rated slightly softer than the Skyjackers were, and gave me the same ride height but a slightly softer ride.

Anyway, get the HD versions...............they are the same as the EZ rides with the exception of an extra leaf, and all for the same price. Put the HD's on and if you think it's too stiff just pull one leaf out and they will be EZ's.....

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I dont have a diesel but I do have 4" TC HD's with a heavy front bumper, Warn 12K winch (heavy), and a 350. I added a 1" zero rate to help offset the sag of the winch.

When I first installed the winch and bumper on my truck I noticed no obvious sag. Once I wheeled the spring some and took the winch and bumper off once you could definilty see it sag down a little. If the diesel is that heavy and you are planning on a winch and bumper then I would say get HD's for sure and think about adding the zero rate. It may make it a little nose high at first but will probably sag down once the springs break in.

Harley

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The 6.2 is with 50 lbs of the BBC if I recall right. I'd do what Hossbaby recomends...get the HD's and if they're too stiff pull a leaf.

Rene

7. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

I run the 4" HD TC's, put them on in july after my b-day, and i am already noticing them settling down a bit, w/ a 6.5l diesel. they flex very nice!! and ride alot better