Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Add a leaf?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5on38s, Feb 11, 2003.

1. K5on38s

K5on38s Registered Member

is there such a thing? and if so is it Ok to use off road?cuz my 38's tended to catch a lil on my fenders and i hate the sound it made...lol. The guy that i bought the 38's off of gave my a brand-new set of add a leafs for free so im see fo the rear but i dont wanna buy new spring packs for the front. and yes i did used the search button.. but found no useful info.

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

If you've already got front lift springs, the add-a-leaf isn't gonna do squat (it may lower your height). They have the right amount of arch in them to curve a stock spring up more, but since lift springs are already at that point and most of the times past, the add-a-leaf won't get you increased height. Also, even if it did work, I can't say that I've heard one person with add-a-leafs say they like the ride quality...especially when mounted in front.
    Your options are:
    ORD's zero-rate
    Body lift
    Higher lift springs
    Get the sawzall out and start hacking /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. i_4x4

i_4x4 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Also, even if it did work, I can't say that I've heard one person with add-a-leafs say they like the ride quality...especially when mounted in front.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm running rear add a leafs in the front!! They are 2.5" for the rear. I was going to put them in the rear to level out my ride, but my 37's were rubbing w/ a fair amount of trim. About 3.5" on the bottom. My front springs are the HD 3 leaf pack. As for the ride it does ride a little stiffer but it is truck after all, not a Caddy. For $38 bucks it was worth the trade off. It flex's pretty good..
    Later Ed /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Well, I guess I now stand corrected. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. K5on38s

K5on38s Registered Member

what are zero rates, ive seen pp;e talkin about using em? what are they?? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

6. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status