Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front add a leafs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ramses, Sep 28, 2005.

1. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

I saw where you can buy front add a leaf springs today and I was just wondering if anybody has ever tried that route before. I was thinking maybe I could add them to my 6 inch springs in the front which would yield 8 inches of lift, since I cant find any place where I can buy a set of front 8 inch springs without paying for an entire lift kit. I know it would make for a rougher ride, but my truck is so rough already since it has so many springs in the back that im not sure that would be much of a difference lol. Has anyone tried them before?

2. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Zero rates are much nicer to use. you get a much better ride unless you particularly want the extra support of add-a-leaves.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I don't think you'll find any add-a-leafs that have anywhere near enough arch to fit into your 6-inch spring packs. They're designed to fit stock spring packs.

5. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I concur

You could probably get them re-arched, but that's not the best idea either. I'd stay on the lookout for some 8" springs if that's what you want. In fact, I've seen some posts selling some 8" springs somewhere.. :thinking: ... just not sure where. If i see them again, I'll post a link.

6. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

Any BDS, Superlift, or Skyjacker Suspension dealer can get 8" springs seperately from the kit. I'd check out BDS's website and locate a dealer near you if possible. If not stat calling.

Or maybe do a 4" lift 52" Spring swap. That should get you around the 8" mark nice and soft.

7. blkknight_5183

blkknight_5183 Registered Member

I've Got Em On My 84 Jimmy. Theyre Kinda Bouncy On Rough Roads But Hey If I Wanted A Smooth Ride I Would Have Bought A Foreign Car Or Something. They Gave Me About 2 In Of Lift With One Set