Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front axel identification

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 69K5, Apr 15, 2003.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Went junkyard shopping today and stumbled up on a dodge power wagon that i thought had a d60 but it said 44-8 where they usually say d 44. also found an 80 something gmc. it had a d60 i think. doesnt a d60 have the pasenger side spring perch as part of the gear housing and not seperated to the side on the tube. the dodge also had the same mounting place. both trucks were one ton. i know theres a chart but it didnt have what i needed.can somebody please clarify this for me? the guy said 250 for the gmc front end. is that good price?

thanks

nathan

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

if it had three u bolts,, 2 on the driver side, 1 on the passenger side, and then 2 studs coming out of the pumpkin on the passenger side, then its a d60 on the front of the pumpkin in the lower left part of the pumpkin it will say 60f....... The steering arm will be held on by 4 bolts instead of three like your d44. there are other identifying charecteristics, but this should be all you need. 250 is a hell of a deal for a Dana60 front, make sure there isnt anything Terminally wrong with it though,

3. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

The spring pad is incorporated into the diff housing on all Dana 44s and 60s.

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

if the GM was a k30, its a D60

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

silver84k5

thanks for all the info. iw ant to say it was but i am gonna go back and check just to make sure. then i am gonna call the wife and beg.

zakk

the emblims were busted off. the guy said it was a 1 ton though.

thanks for all the help

nathan