Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Axel Problems and Questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86kansask5, Feb 12, 2004.

1. 86kansask5

86kansask5 1/2 ton status

Jul 30, 2003
    First, I just want to say this is a great site. Information out the wazzzu. Anyway, my first question(s) is this. I have a 86 k5 with a 10 bolt front axel. 100% positive the auto locking hubs are going out. I am planing on replaceing with manual locks, but while I am at it, I want to replace the u joints and bearings. I know I can ask my parts guy, but I would rather have some info from a more knowlegable source. What products should I use. This is a daily driver in the flatlands of south Kansas. However I would like to be able to hit some of the intermediate, and moderate trails that some of the nearby clubs hit. Any help would be appreicated. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    86 k5 350, headers, 700r,208 tcase, 30 inch wheels /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
  2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Jul 22, 2001
    Just stick with the more popular brands of hubs. I have used superwinch but the screws could strip out. Get a set of warns I just bought a set as replacement for my superwinches. As for bearings etc, I like timken and other major labels /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif