Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front axel swap

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ccchauser70k5, Dec 5, 2001.

1. ccchauser70k5

ccchauser70k5 Registered Member

I have a 70 k5 with drum brakes. I found a 76 or so cherokee with disk brakes. Will the axels bolt in to my chevy? It looks like it might be a dana 60. I need to take a closer look. thanks

1970 k5 4x4 camping family

2. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

I'd guess that those axles whould be to narrow[​IMG]. I'm not sure though. Your best bet for getting disks, Whould just be to find a 1st Gen axle that already has them, And swap out. Or just convert the axle you have.

I am the hunter Who live's in the darkness, And grows through your fears...... And you are the hunted.

3. frito

frito Registered Member

yeah a jeep axle isnt gonna fit right into a first gen K5 , but any front axle out of a chevy (K5, Burb, K10,20,&30) will all fit with almost no problems and FYI no jeep came with a D60 in the front so dont get your hopes up =) also a dodge front axle could also fit with minor mods probibly but im not sure on that totaly if i was you i would try to find a 70's 3/4 ton chevy with an 8 lug 44 in it or a 6 lug 44 its your best bet

4. ccchauser70k5

ccchauser70k5 Registered Member

thanks for the input

1970 k5 4x4 camping family