Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front axle and transfer case??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Tshane, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Tshane

Tshane 1/2 ton status

If i would go to the trouble to replace the rear axle with a 14 bolt what would you recommend for the front axle??

My 86 chevy has a 208 transfer case. how hard would it be to put an np205 in??

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

front a dana 60 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif as for the t-case you will need a t-case adapter and a t-case for the tranny you have

3. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

dana 60's arent for everyone, a nice 3\4 ton dana 44 would get you by fine to, unless you wheel so hard, that you brake it constantly, then id say get yurself a dana 60. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

1st step, fill out your profile, then we might know a little about you. I give you credit for putting the info in the post, but you won't want to do that every time.
    2nd a "?", why are you replacing the rear? Gearing? strength? Already broke? Price of upgrades?
    3rd another "?", what are you're plans for the truck and what have you done to it so far? Do you use it for wheeling? Towing?
    Answer these or we will tell you what WE want.
    AND DO A SEARCH!