Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front axle i.d.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by johnnysjimmy, Apr 23, 2001.

1. johnnysjimmy

johnnysjimmy Registered Member

OK I just bought a pick up to swap the axle out of my 73 Jimmy. the truck is a 3/4 ton 8 lug monster. The problem is I don't know what king of front the truck has. It has 10 bolts like my 44 in the Jimmy but the sides are rounded not flat any body have a clue???? also the hubs appear to be like step down models?? Any clues here the hubs don't mate smoothly to the rotor they have like 4 keys on like you turn it off with a really big socket. I am lost here any ideas. Also I would like to use the truck T400 but the truck has a NP203 and the Jimmy has a NP205. I want to keep the 205 will the tranny from the truck bolt up to the 205 or will I have to change the output shaft?????

2. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

Check out the tech section there is a axle ID chart in there.

Scott
    78blazer

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Most likely you will have to change both the output shaft on the TH400 and the input on the 205.. You may be able to get aay with only changing one....

As far as the axle goes... The rounded sides sounds like a 10 bolt, but that is very odd for a 73 unless somone swapped it in..
    As far as the hubs go, do these step down similar to hubs on a Jeep??

Mike - <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>[​IMG]