Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front axle id??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by osbornl1, Nov 1, 2004.

1. osbornl1

osbornl1 Registered Member

bought the blazer with these in it. rear is a 14 bolt for sure dont know if its ff or sf. it does have the 6 bolt flange style hubs on it(if that helps) also my biggest concern is the front axle its 8 lug has 2 ubolts on the passenger side and has chrome caps where lock outs would be. what i really would like to know is a part number for some milemaker lock outs. i am at a loss to what it could be i tried several different part numbers and that isnt it. please help

Larry

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If it has flanges, It might not have the groove for the snap ring that holds the hubs in, you'll have to investigate.

Does your front axle have balljoints or kingpins? What about your steering arm, now many bolts?

It sounds like you have a D60 front. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

If the rear is a 14 bolt 6 lug it would most likely be a SF.

The front would be a D44 or a 10 bolt. The D44 cover is flat on the right side (when viewed from the front) and the 10 bolt is circular. Lock out hubs will be no good if you have a NP203 transfer case. You will need to convert it to part time or replace it with a part time case.

Edit: on the rear - if the axles bolt into the hub it would be a FF.

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

2 u-bolts on the pass side point to either a D44 or a GM 10 bolt, the chrome caps would indicate a bearing hub that accepts an internal style locking hub.

Later D44's and 10 bolts bolt axles both use the same locking hub so you should be okay buying locking hubs for an internal spline application (ie; any 1/2 or 3/4 ton 77+). /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. osbornl1

osbornl1 Registered Member

the 14 bolt is an 8 lug but the hub that sticks out of the center of the wheel has 6 bolts on it.

also i know this sounds lazy but does anyone have a part number for the correct style lock outs.

i also already have a part time kit for the np 203 just need lock outs and i will have my saturday planned out.

Larry

6. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status