Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front axle Problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Tshane, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Tshane

Tshane 1/2 ton status

Okay rear axle no problem find a 14bFF put a locker and 4:10 gears in it. Now onto the front axle i dont have the money to go out and get a dana60 unless i can find some old farmer that doesnt know what he has that what i'm hoping for /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. But if that fails what should i do with the 10 bolt in the front. i dont really want to put money into gears and a locker up front if it just gonna break.. any ideas /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Find an 8 lug 10 bolt front with 4.10's and swap it in. Keep it open and don't waste any money on it while you save for a D60. That's more or less what I did...no locker, less breakage up front.

Rene

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

If you aren't gonna wheel to need a 60, then go with a 10 bolt. No need to step up unless you plan to run hard with big tires. You could look into alloy shafts, bracing/trussing and maybe an locker like an ARB.... of course that will run a lot of cash. But when I got my 60 I didn't consider the other costs that came with it for what I was planning to do.... it for sure didn't save me a dime! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

so true.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif