Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Axle Spring Hangers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DERBST, Jun 12, 2001.

1. DERBST

DERBST Registered Member

I have a 1990 full size Blazer and noticed the holes through which the front axle spring bolt passes through has become an oval instead of a circle. This allows my front springs to twist cuasing a clanking noise from the bolt jumping up and down. Does anyone out there know of anyone that sells aftermarket spring hangers, Chevrolet does not sell them as they are considered part of the frame.

2. grumpy

grumpy 1/2 ton status

You might have gotten bad word from your dealer. I bought a set of front hangers for my 84 Suburban, they were around $13 a piece a couple of years ago. I think I still have them and maybe I can give you a part number if you want.
    David
    BTW, they are held on with rivets so you can take them off.

3. DERBST

DERBST Registered Member

Yes, I would love a part number. The dealership I talked to today told me they could not locate a part number for them therefore assumed they could not be purchased seperately.

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

If I remember right, I thought LMC sells these parts you need for a decent price. Give them a call.

<font color=red>I m so we Todd did.
    I m sofa king we Todd did.</font color=red>

5. DERBST

DERBST Registered Member

Your memory is correct. I just happen to have the latest LMC catalog and they do list them. I must have missed them when I looked the first time. Thanks.

6. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Be sure to use Grade 8 bolts when you put the new ones on...

<font color=red>Click those banners and help support CK5!!<font color=black>
    [​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

7. DERBST

DERBST Registered Member

Just wanted to say "Thanks" to those of you who responded to my post. I located the hangers at the Chevy Dealership. The guy I talked to on the phone was looking at the wrong thing. I stopped by with the LMC catalog and what do ya know he had them. Sold them to me for half price since he gave me bad info the first time. Thanks again!