Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front axle u-joint replacement

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tarheel, Apr 14, 2003.

1. tarheel

tarheel Registered Member

anyone know where i could get some info on how to replace the u-joints on a D44. i've never done it, and it looks a little involved. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

i would recomend buying a chilton, haynes, or similar manual for your model vechicle. it is a well spent 20 bucks.

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

It's easy.

Follow what GMCLegacy said and get a Haynes or Chilton that covers your truck.

They have pictures and everything!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Hey GMClegacy, your avatar holds the new record as the largest file size ever for a 80x80 picture. 409kb! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif If you want to get that down to 15kb or so I can give you a hand, just let me know. I run a T3 and it still took 5 seconds or so to load for me, it's probably wreaking havoc on the dialuppers' systems. </font>

6. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

pick up yourself a 4 Prong wheel bearing nut socket, you cant replace them sunsofbitches if you cant get to em, and when you pull the rotor off, dont let the bearing fall out of the near side of it, and when you take the hub off, use dental tools to get the stupid inner hub clip out of the hub, and you will most likely have to beat the snot out of the spindle to get it off, i did, we used a peice of a 2x4 as a spacer for the 3lb slege hammer. good luck, yes buy a manual. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif