Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front axle

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DumontsK5, Nov 5, 2006.

1. DumontsK5

DumontsK5 Registered Member

my front axle is making alot of noise i was wheeling and in a bad mud hole and heard a loud pop then my 4 wheel drive sliped out and i heard a a loud thud noise anytime i put her back in 4wheel drive tires still grab and drive shaft is good! i made it out but on the highway i could hear alot of noise in the front axle sounded like the hubs maybe? any guesses!?

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

There is a possibility it's the Ujoint caps peaking out and hitting the knuckle,happened to me until it poped out and the joint grenaded.

3. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Could be several things. Try checking the u-joints, hubs, and even the axle shafts for breakage.
    -Harrison

4. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

if the tires still grab, id check the tcase for noises too, if it "popped out of 4wd"...

5. ccatlett1984

ccatlett1984 1/2 ton status

I would also lean to the t-case for the issue, you have a 208 (chain driven.) It could hide a problem more than a gear driven one would.