Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front axle??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DesertDueler, Aug 25, 2001.

1. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

What years if any did they have 8 lug 10 bolts in the front, or are all them dana 44s? Was there a difference between the hubs on different years or all the same? And are any years better than others?

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs locked front.Other cars 69 Firebird w/525 hp,and 70 GTO <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>MY vehicles</a>

2. not4show

not4show 1/2 ton status

I think the 10 bolt came into service in 1980, in both eight and six lug. Before that it was the Dana 44. There are a few different styles of the 44. There was the closed knuckle and drum brake setup that was used from 1970 and back. After that they all had disc brakes and open knuckles. There also was an internal and external locking hub style 44 as well. The internal is considered stronger. Some 44s had really big hubs on them, that made them look like a Dana 60 at glance, but I'm not sure what years they were used though. The Dana 44 could be in an eight or six lug pattern as well, depending on wether it was a half ton or three-quater ton.

Never put a stupid move passed a stupid person.

3. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

Wes (thatK30guy) did a large post on this subject some time ago. I just did a search and think I may have found what you are looking for .... (hope this works)
    Blue 87 GMC Jimmy
    Red 86 Toyota 4Runner (for sale $2000 obo)