Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front bench seat?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JOEDEZZY, Aug 9, 2006.

1. JOEDEZZY

JOEDEZZY 1/2 ton status

I have a 77 K-5, I want to put a bench seat up front with one of those little fold down center arm rest/console thingy's and of course it would have to have a folding back so people can climb in the back. Do you guys have any suggestions of some trucks/cars that would have a seat that would be a good fit?

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

mmm..

Maybe a bench from a C-K full size truck of similar vintage?..the seat wont be a bolt in,it will require custom brackets,but the back of the seat will tip forward if you get a pickup one..and the width would be correct..

I had a leather power bench seat in my 72 K5 ,it came from a 2 door Caddilac Eldorado--it was a snug fit,the armrests pinched the seat a bit when you shut the door!--but at least anything you dropped on the seat couldn't drop between the door and seat!..

I'd guess a full sized Impala or other big GM cars from the 80's would probably fit good too..or maybe an older Lincoln Continental,but the seat back might not tip forward on those,unless you find a 2 door version..all will need work to make them bolt in..best thing to do is go to a boneyard,and bring your tape measure!--they will probably have a few trucks like yours you can use as a guide,to see what other seats will fit!..:crazy:

3. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I helped my bro in law put on a 60/40 seat from a newer pickup. It was really easy to do as I remember. The seat was out of a 92 truck