Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front bench seat

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dave_S, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Dave_S

Dave_S Registered Member

My wife has been trying to talk me into putting a front bench seat in my blazer. I was wondering if anyone has done this and what the best equipment to use would be. I'm not a big fan of drilling extra holes, so I'd like something that can pretty much bolt in.

Anyone with experience on this?

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.dbstaines.com/dave/71_blazer.htm>Dave</a>

2. Bill4rest

Bill4rest 1/2 ton status

Your best bet IMOP is to get a late model 60/40 split bench

3. Dave_S

Dave_S Registered Member

Are they pretty much a bolt-in seat?

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

My old next door neighbor put a 2000 Chave bench seat in his GMC (it was a truck but mounts are the same). It was narrower than the original bench but still fit well. It had contours in the back to keep you in place a little bit better than a regular bench and he got it for cheep because alot of people pull them out to put in split 60:40 seats. 2 of the holes lined up (front I think) and 2 didn't. He drilled 2 more holes in the floor and bolted it in. I would recomend against drilling holes in the floor unless you reinforce the floor like the factory holes are. You might be able to make a simple bracket that would allow you to bolt it to factory holes...

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>