Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Brake hoses? Frame to caliper?>>>

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Burt4x4, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I did a search and didn't find much..

Last night I was staring at my naked K5(no front clip or engine) and my old brake hoses are ...well old.
    So I think I want to replace them with Stainless. Now On my calipers the square block that is at the end of the hose has two big 'ears' on them that one side seats in a groove on the caliper.
    I was just looking on the internet for SS lines and none that I found had ears, infact one place has round blocks instead of square??
    Does any of this matter? The ears or the square block versus a round one?
    If anyone has aftermarket hoses on there D44 calipers can you tell me a part # and manufacture? Do they leak?
    Thanks for your time
    Burt

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

This is 2nd gen info, but the D44's are the same 1st to 2nd as far as the stock one having those ears.

I'm actually running 38872 10bolt hoses on mine. No ears(I actually don't think they make those eared blocks anymore)but square. No leaks what so ever.

As far as the square versus round bit(this is just my personal opinion)but I'd rather use the square ones. The round ones just look to dinky to seal properly.

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I too feel that way about the round ones /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Inline tube has them in the round and I just didn't like the 'looks' of them.
    I have one of thoes 10 bolt ones in my trail box. May use it may not...still searching
    Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    I got a set of braided hoses from Inline Tube.
    They have the round fittings.As long as you install the supplied copper washers you should be fine.
    I installed mine about 2 years ago and they have NEVER leaked.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG]

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Thanks Bob, I ended up buying a set of Earls from the local speed shop near my work. Cost me about 50bucks a side but the frame mount piece is gonna work great with my exsisting hole in the frame.
    Thanks for the photo /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I got a set of ProComp (made by Earls) lines for a 2nd gen from summit. They are made for a 4-6" lift. When I got the truck it had some drop brackets that held the frame end below the frame. Between the 2 I have enough slack for about as much flex as I could possibly get. The rear line was another story...it was only about 2" longer then the stock one /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif So I spaced it up from the diff with a small bracket when I swapped in the 14B.

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

speed shop ? never heard of or seen one, where do these exist ? and what all do they carry ? you only see replacement and stock parts in stores here, or rarely one of those white boxed edelbrock intakes and air cleaner valve cover chrome sets, but nothing more aftermarket or performance than that

im curious,,

got pics ?

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

"speed shop" is just a term I use, the name of the store is Performance Plus. They carry everything for the automotive aftermarket world. Just like Summitracing.com(well summit is way bigger & cheeper). I will have to try and get some pics up...I need to update youall on my build up progress anyway.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Burt