Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front brake line question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Confederate9, Aug 11, 2001.

1. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i was wondering how do i disconnect my front brake lines where the hose meets the steel line.
    i need help asap please.
    thanks

<a target="_blank" href=http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/>confederate9.coloradok5.com/</a>
    <font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>

2. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

I would assume you are talking about where it joins at the frame bracket or frame on older models. Take a screwdrive or something and remove the c-clip that holds the flexible line to the frame or frame braket, and then just used end wrenches to disconnect like any brake line. Be sure and put some rags down, as you will loose quite a bit of fluid. Once you ha

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

3. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

On my 78, the rubber line has a fitting on the end that passes through the frame rail. The steel line has be be unscrewed from this fitting from the inside of the frame rail. This may be difficult if you have headers. Once the steel line is disconnected, there may be a clip or nut holding this fitting in place on the inside of the frame rail. The brake line can be pulled out once this nut is removed.

DJ
    78 K5

4. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

what size wrench?
    should this be difficult
    and should i undo the c-clip b4 i twist off the steel line or after?

<a target="_blank" href=http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/>confederate9.coloradok5.com/</a>
    <font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>