Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front brake line replacement Q's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by poinzey, May 19, 2005.

1. poinzey

poinzey 1/2 ton status

Got a few questions for stuff about replacing the front brake lines that I could not find an answer for searching. Last night I replaced my front passenger rotor, caliper, pads, and line. When I went to take the line off the connection at the frame, it has a lil stamped nut inside the frame holding the line to the frame. I was not able to get that nut off yet, so I just ran it under the frame for now. Anyway, how do yall attach the line to the frame? Do you just use the old nut or leave it loose there???

Next question...The new line i got was too short, even stock with no lift! I'm going to go ahead and get the napa ones, the 38872 ones and go ahead and put those one to get ready for a lift this year. Looking at the pics napa has on their site, it doesn't look like those have the locating tabs on them. Is anyone having problems running without those tabs as far as it loosening up and the line coming loose???

TIA,
    Tony:grin:

2. 78 k5

78 k5 1/2 ton status

I put the 4in superlift ones on my K5 and I'm just letting them hang since I could only get one of the nuts loose. Not problems thus far.