Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Brake Lines

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by clarkekent, Jun 25, 2002.

1. clarkekent

clarkekent Registered Member

Where's the best place to get extended brake lines for the front brakes for a '72? I'd prefer stainless braided, but they don't have to be.

2. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

I used the front lines fron Pro comp that are listed for '73 up.

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I used the ProComp 73-91 kit. The front lines worked fine (ie fittings the right size and 6" longer then stock). The rear line was only like 2" longer then stock and had smaller threads for the axle hard lines. That was no problem because I was replacing the hard lines and just used the right size for the new lines and used a piece of aluminum to space the axle end away from the diff some.

4. JoshA

JoshA 1/2 ton status

when I extended my brake lines I had them made at a local hose shop. "evco house of hose" to be specific. any shop that makes hydrolic (sp?) lines can make them up much cheaper than the kits. my brake lines are braided and custom length.
    the good thing is they are much cheaper, great quality, and can be made to any length you want. the only down side is that you have to tell them its not for automotive use. I found this out from the guy at the shop. he helped my with everything I needed then said, "these are for off-road use only, right" wink, wink /forums/images/icons/wink.gif . depending on who you talk to, you may have to tell them it is for a sand rail, forklift, go-cart, ect. to get them to make them for you. just take in your old line and they should have all of the fittings ect you need to make new brake lines.

they have worked fine for me for years.
    -Josh

5. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Check with:

http://www.freyracing.com

They're an Earl's distributor that deals with the race car crowd. Tell them the lengths you need and the fittings that need to be on the ends and they can make the lines up for you.

6. POFF

POFF 1/2 ton status

I got SkyJacker hoses from a 4x4 shop. They had a few different lengths. $70 for the pair.