Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FRONT BRAKES TEST

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MA87K5, Sep 7, 2000.

1. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

The problem I have with my front brakes is that the rotor on the pass side seems to be warped. this is the second rotor that I have put on, they both had the same problem. What could be causing this? New bearings, and the pads and caliper is good. Thank you for any helpful answers.

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Maybe that caliper was stuck a little and the excess heat warped the rotors ?

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

3. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Could your spindle be slightly bent?
    How is your brake bias. Does it seem to pull to the right, indicating that the right front is doing most of the braking, causing that rotor to get too hot and warping.
    Do you have a favorite mud puddle you hit with the front right after some hard braking, causing too quick cooling/warping?

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

When you bought the new rotors did you have them turned befor you mounted them. When you get new rotors you should always have them trued again befor you mount them.....

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

5. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I put four brand new rotors on mine less than a month ago (disc at all 4 wheels) and didn't have them turned, just put 'em on out of the box. I even dropped one (eeek) but I put it on anyways and it doesn;t have any brake bias at all. Does anyone thing I am doing any damage? I really like the way it brakes (like RIGHT NOW) and want it to stay that way.
    -- Mike

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

As long as I have been doing brakes I have never had them turned before I put them on and no one I knows does it and I have never heard of anyone with problems.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

7. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

Someone told me to check between the rotor and the hub for rust and things. It turned out to be that the rotors need to be turned. I'll try to get it done on Wednesday. I hope that it is all that needs to be done. I have too much other things to do, like pack up to move into my own house, and pay mortgage instead of rent. And my own garage. I am very happy about.

8. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Fyi, I work at Autozone part-time and normally you shouldn't have to get them turned when you buy them. However, they stack them on their sides (like a book), and they are supposed to be stacked flat (says so on the box). So I would recommend having them trued up when you buy them. I went to Advance Auto once to have my drums turned and they messed one up, so they sent me to another store to get one, since they did not have any in stock, and I asked if they needed to be turned and he said no. Well needless to say I put all of the brakes together and I had this massive jerking, and I had to take it back to be turned. I think that is the way most auto parts stack the drums/rotors. - Steve :)</font color=blue>

<font color=blue>Steve Sosa a.k.a. "sosaman"</font color=blue>
    http://sosaman.home.texas.net/carpics.html