Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Bumper Push Bar

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 77blazin, Nov 30, 2003.

1. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

Hi,
    Has anyone seen a pushbar that is not fully mounted to the bumper, but to the frame from underneath the bumper instead.
    My 77 blazer has one and I am confused because I see alot of them on ebay that doesn't look anything close to what I got.
    Details would help alot in this case please?
    Michael /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm wondering why. The "brushguard" I had and the factory pushers I had both mounted right to the bumper mounts which mount to the frame. The only pushbars I can picture that go under and mount to the frame are on cop cars and I know for a fact that if you use one of thats and aren't bumped up against the vehicle when you start they bend like they are made of tin. And well I used my pushers multiple times to good results and I wasn't always bumped up against the object. If you really want to push find an old tow truck bumper, the one my dad's 70s c30 had was bulletproof and covered in nice pushing rubber.

3. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

Sled_Dog
    It doesn't look like the cop's one at all, it's like the one you see in the LMC catalogs, the brushguard is correct but they all mount to the bumper, nothing like this hook style brushguard wrapped under the bumper to the frame as if it was a factory option or something, I'll try and see if I can get a pic up, I have a 76 body waiting to be mounted on the 77 frame, the former body was shot to hell, guess K/5s don't last long in Hawaii if you know what I mean.
    Michael /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ok now I'm hunting for my LMC, yeah I can't find an LMC, thewy got thrown to the wayside when the K5 was decided to be a 100% off road vehicle.

5. 88jimmy4x4

88jimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi,
    Has anyone seen a pushbar that is not fully mounted to the bumper, but to the frame from underneath the bumper instead.
    My 77 blazer has one and I am confused because I see alot of them on ebay that doesn't look anything close to what I got.
    Details would help alot in this case please?
    Michael /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Like this?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]