Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front bumper receiver hitch

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lukebaby1, Dec 29, 2003.

1. lukebaby1

lukebaby1 1/2 ton status

Has anybody got any pic's of receiver hitch mounted on, above, below, or through front bumper on a mid eighties K5 /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif? Looking for a way to use a receiver mounted winch in front.

2. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

mines got one, mounts to the same holes as the bumper brackets. pic's in the gallery. let me know if you need some more.chad /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Warn makes one for the 81+ Burbs and Blazers; the receiver sits right underneath the bumper -- slick, and boltup, which is always nice. They *don't* however make one for the 73-80's, grumble...

Anyway, if you want, I can prolly dig up a pic or two of the Burb with the front hitch on it.

-- A

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

What is the difference in the front frame horns on the '73-80 K5/Burbs and the '81-91 models? I know the rails are the exact same width apart, I always wondered what the difference was there?

Ken

5. lukebaby1

lukebaby1 1/2 ton status

I think I just about got one figured out, I took an old "Valley" rear hitch I had laying around, and cut it down, then welded end caps on it to bolt between the frame rails using the two front most hole's on the frame (where the end caps that bolt to the bumper bolt through). Then I drilled a 1/2" hole through the frame directly through and under the body bushing mount. Once I remount the bumper, I am hoping the receiver will just clear the bottom of the bumper. That way all I have to do is cut a portion out of that black plastic valance. I will try to post some pic's once done. Thank's for all the input! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

My 91 Sub has a RanchHand bumper on it courtesy of the 1st owner. It's pretty stout, and the whole bumper is Over-Kill . /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif (ya gotta look close under the main tube to see it...)

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Cabellas has them