Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front captain chairs from a burb into a K5??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by POWERMAD, Feb 4, 2004.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Has anyone done this ?
    Is it a drop in or will brackets have to be fabbed up?
    I was given a set of high backs from a van that are the same as what is in there, but the same guy also gave me the front captain chairs from a burb. Good shape to and seem to be comfy, arm rests, tilt and swivel.
    As I do not have a rear seat one set of those will be installed in the rear.
    If the captains will drop in with little trouble then I will have em up front.
    Either way is fine with me, a 5 gallon bucket would be a vast improvement as to what is in it now.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Floor pan is different between burb and K5.

I'm sure the seat cushions (upper and lower assemblies) are all the same if you had c/k buckets, regardless of whehter K5, etc., but the floor mounts have to be different.

Never dealt with captains chairs, but I'm guessing the swivel portion is between the seat and the seat bracket. Probably easiest thing to do would be cut the stock K5 bucket brackets to the right "height", and unbolt the seat tracks (along with seat, etc) from the burban and put (weld mayebe??) those on the K5 brackets?

3. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

i put captain chairs in my k5 but i had to make brackets and drill new holes to fit them in it took about half a day but i love it so comfy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

hey my man, can u do me a favor, can ya send me some pics of yur seat set up. im planning on doing the same come spring. any interference with the doors and the arms of the chair ? please let me know, and many thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

who me?

6. cdh

cdh Registered Member

Will the armrests from a burb bolt on to a K-5 seat?

7. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

ya, please. could ya get me pics of what yur captain seats look like in yur k5. thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

well i could if i still had that one, sorry I just got rid of it like 3 months ago but it is fairly easy because of the flat plate on the bottom of the captain chairs at least mine had a flat plate and i just bolted them in after doing a little drilling and pounding to even out the floorboard.